PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Bambini
12-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi All,

I posted here a while back as I was thinking of becoming a childminder, but I decided to have a think about things for a while (as I was on maternity leave at the time). I am due back at my desk job on 15th Feb and have decided to plough ahead with childminding! I have completed my paediatric first aid course and am beginning the I.C.P. course in January. I am so excited and really feel that this is the right path for me :clapping:

I am hoping to apply for registration as early as possible in order to be able to start childminding. Just a quick question - how early on can I apply for mine and my husband's CRB? I have been told they can take a while to come through and really want to get started!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

beccas
12-12-2009, 02:21 PM
you can send off for them once you have had your pre reg i think but was so long since i got registered its all changed.. ring ofsted and ask them or ask your extended services officer if you have one. hth

Hats
13-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Hiya

I completed the forms at my Pre reg ofsted visit. Ofsted lady countersigned them and posted them.
be prepared for a long wait though for CRB's to come back!!

Good luck

H
:)

ORKSIE
13-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi and welcome to the Forum:clapping:

maisiemog
14-12-2009, 08:26 AM
I think this one depends a lot on where you live. In Gloucestershire where I live you dont get given your application form until you complete the ICP. You fill this in and send it back to ofsted. They then send you your crbs which you fill in and give back to the inspector at your pre reg inspection. They wont accept any CRB but these ones so dont do it off your own back as you'll waste money and time!

Annie_T
14-12-2009, 09:16 AM
hi welcome,

apply for everything soon as possible x

estrelas
17-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Hello and welcome

Hope it all goes well for you x