PDA

View Full Version : where to put games and puzzles

mushpea
12-12-2009, 09:37 AM
All my toys are stored in boxs in shelving units similar to that of the trofast system outside in our lean to conservatory, I then bring in some toys each week, either what the children request or what i think goes with our theme. this works quite well at the moment as it means the living room is not over run with toys and the children can still see the toys to pick what they want.
my problem is how and where to store the puzzles and board games, at the moment they are on the side in the kitchen which just isnt working out cause the kids never pick them or ask for them and they are takin up far to much of my kitchen work top to be practical.
I just wonded how you all stored your games and puzzles so the children can access them, we dont have a book case or shelves in the living room as the books are in a box and the toys go out at the weekend so the house is ours again.
so please can i have some ideas as to how to store games and puzzles so that children can free access to them please

sarah707
12-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Could you find space for a pile of stacker boxes?

One for books, one for puzzles, one for games etc...

They could be labelled up with words and pictures and children would be able to choose from them.

Plus when you are getting resources out for themes, always add in a couple of puzzles or a game, so children get used to using them.

That will encourage them to remember to ask for them at other times :D

youarewhatyoueat
12-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a couple of small games and puzzles in with the toys and if the children show an interest i'll bring in the big box full of them from the shed.
I have 2 boxes for after school children stored outside and in each have a few puzzles and games which come in on a rota basis with the art box.
You have to do what works for you, like you everything has to be packed away and put outside, so I tend to have a few mixed boxes which come in on a rota, and if they show a particular interest I can then grab the big box to extend the activity.
I bet that makes no sense!!!!!

miffy
12-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Have you got room for anything like this?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0790671/Trail/searchtext%3ESTORAGE+BOXES.htm

Then you can just swap the contents.

Miffy xx