PDA

View Full Version : Baah-Humbug!

Ripeberry
11-12-2009, 08:29 PM
There are about 22 houses on our estate at only 2 of them have any decorations outside. That includes mine! Everyone used to be very festive around here but I suppose with the credit crunch, no-one feels like celebrating.
If it was not for my own children and mindees, don't think I would have bothered either :(
But the lights you can buy (LEDs) are great and hardly cost anything to run and MUCH easier than the old style bulbs.
What is it like on your estate?

Blaze
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
We haven't got anything up - can't afford outside decorations & the inside is being worked on - they don't finish til next weekend - & then we will put up the inside decorations! Hopefully next year we'll do the outside as well.:)

LOOPYLISA
11-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Not as many lights anywhere as there was last year :(

We are living in santas grotto though :clapping: , only inside :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I never put outside lights up, Im too tight to pay for lights I can't see.

suez
11-12-2009, 08:57 PM
yep, we got outside lights too and decked out inside theres only 3 houses here that light up for xmas i love it when people drive past and look:laughing:

Pipsqueak
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Not even got inside decs up yet!

Twinkles
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Not many in my road put up outside lights ( too stuck up ) I add more and more each year.
You can never be too tacky at Christmas :thumbsup:

The thing I missed this year about not going to Belgium is the lovely outside lights they have. Not on private houses but in their towns. In the small town we stay in they have a full size crib in the town square all lit up and very pretty.

ajs
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
no one puts lights outside on THE AVENUE

the kids have asked every year but i am afraid mr grumpy (dh ) says no to them every year

Alibali
11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Tomorrow:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You'll see a big difference then.

miffy
11-12-2009, 09:23 PM
We've never had outside lights - if it was left to my hubby we wouldn't have any inside either! :laughing:

Miffy xx

nokidshere
11-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I cant see the point in putting lights on the outside of my house for other people to look at when I can;t see them :laughing:

I do however, drive the boys round looking at everyone elses :thumbsup: so t hank you to them all for doing them LOL

Ripeberry
11-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Ahhh! So it's the 'posh' thing to do...not have any lights up outside :rolleyes: :D That's it, my neighbours are posher than me ;)

Twinkles
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Ahhh! So it's the 'posh' thing to do...not have any lights up outside :rolleyes: :D That's it, my neighbours are posher than me ;)

:thumbsup: That's it ,not miserable bah humbuggers at all !

I would like to put up a giant inflateable Homer Simpson just to lower the tone :laughing:

cher25
11-12-2009, 11:58 PM
No-one puts any light's up outside in my area. Never seen 1 house lit up like that in the 3 years i have lived here.

Ripeberry
12-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Homer Simpson and some bad carol music....that should shake them up...the posh ones :laughing: :D
I think I've had too much Bacardi and ginger beer ;)

daisyboo1980
12-12-2009, 08:04 AM
there is loads of tacky ones in my estate i have 2 nice wee snowflakes but at my sis private development there is loads of lights up but really posh looking ones

singingcactus
12-12-2009, 08:15 AM
We don't have our decs up indoors. I feel that Chrsitmas is a time for family anyway so will never put decs up for the street. Hallowe'en is a time when the community come together and so I will decorate outdoors then. But Christmas is my time for my family so sorry if that makes me seem like a humbug but I won't be putting up decs outside my house to make people who would never normally speak to me happy.

mushpea
12-12-2009, 08:17 AM
I would love to put outside lights out but dont for 2 reasons.
first is i have no outside plug and dont know how to make the wire come indoors:blush:

and 2nd cause if i put them up some ****** would go and nick them anyway cause thats what their like round here!!:rolleyes:

The Juggler
12-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I never put outside lights up, Im too tight to pay for lights I can't see.

that's always been my policy! however, this year we have some plain white lights outside. I hate the OTT colour outside ones but in our road some have some really nice white light up reindeer, window and 'snowfall' lights on their houses and more of the greenery, garland type decs on their windowsills etc.

Looks lovely but I can't afford many new decs so I want to be able to see what I buy. I'm not a bah humbug type though - if I could I'd have my mantelpiece lights and tree all year round it looks soooo cosy with them all up.x

balloon
12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
No decs up til after Ds's birthday here (except the paper ones mindees are making, lol!).

I don't put them up outside either.

Twinkles
12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Ok now I shall 'fess up.

What I really want is one of those fake snow machines on my roof. :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok now I shall 'fess up.

What I really want is one of those fake snow machines on my roof. :thumbsup:

Now that's class :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
12-12-2009, 01:37 PM
We have a big tacky 7ft tall, 5 ft wide giant inflatable snow globe :blush:

No its not up ................................yet :laughing: and no i didnt buy it, can't believe humbug of the house did :laughing: :rolleyes:

mandy moo
12-12-2009, 01:49 PM
We've never had outside lights - if it was left to my hubby we wouldn't have any inside either! :laughing: Miffy xx

Sounds like my hubbie, Are they related by any chance:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
12-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Sounds like my hubbie, Are they related by any chance:laughing:

Think mine must be related too :D