PDA

View Full Version : found a bargain today !

haribo
11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
was passing my local charity shop today (pdsa) with a 10 yr old mindee we popped in to see if we could find any puzzles in good nick for the younger ones .well on a rail we found dressing up clothes someone must have brought in from a nursery or something . i got a policeman , astronaut , superman x 2 ,pirate , shrek ,wrestler, batman, magician, peter pan , and erm something else not sure lol . was on my way somewhere else so asked her to keep them till i came back tonight or tomorrow for them . was too late tonight but wish i had them here to sort out they were in fab condition and came to less than 20 pounds :clapping: cant wait till the kids see them next week !

beccas
11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
good one i am always popping into mine so much so when ever we go out the kids always say 'can we go in the charity shop' i know when i was young i would have deid if my mum took me near a charity shop.:laughing:

LittleStar's
11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Im going to start going in charity shops!!! :D

Jules27
11-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Wish I could find some bargains in our charity shops - they have all got way way too expensive, was in British Heart Foundation the other day and they had twister - prob at least 5 years old- in ok condition and were asking £7!!!!! come on, in tesco its £7 something at the mo, oh and junior monopoly which i bought for my son last xmas half price in woolies for £5, they were asking £9 COME ON!!!!! As for clothes - stupidly high prices!!! I am not wanting something for nothing but they need to remember these items are used, second hand !!!! Think i will stick to carboot sales!!!!:laughing:

beccas
11-12-2009, 07:44 PM
i never go in british heart foundation they are too expensive, i prefer cancer, pdsa and salvation army.

Chimps Childminding
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Our charity shops are expensive as well! I know its for charity, but as the stuff is donated you would think they could sell it really cheap and that way get the stuff off the shelves quicker!!!!

mamasheshe
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
i love charity shops some can be very expensive or they just plain don't know the value of things i got my little girl a gorgeous monsoon outfit for £1.oo the other day but in the same shop they had a tescos school dress for £3.50 they just don't know what's worth what i guess .

RachelE
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
We have some fab charity shops in our town.

Its so true, that we wouldnt have gone in charity shops 20 yars ago, but now its kind of trendy! - or maybe just financially sensible! :D

I saw a great princess kitchen outside one today and had to steer heavily to stop my car from parking outside!!

Rachel x

miffy
11-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I love looking for a bargain in the charity shops but some are much more expensive than others.

Miffy xx

haribo
11-12-2009, 09:54 PM
the british heart foundation one is expensive here too, i get lots of books from pdsa for 50p each and in bhf they are £2:eek: ok not expensive but i read A LOT sometimes a book a night (dont sleep well:rolleyes: ) so like to take them back otherwise wouldnt fit in my house for them lol

PixiePetal
11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Our salvation army shop is cheapest. :thumbsup: Got some good dressing up stuff from there.

BHF is too expensive for second hand, shame really as it's charity but it is after all second hand.

Cancer research, I know, has a pricing system. Books have set prices depending on type for example. SIL manages our local shop, she does not always agree with prices but has to do her job as set down by those higher up. Things then go down in sales and get sold cheaper :rolleyes: I guess they have to try and get as much as possible for the charity.

sarah707
11-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I got a lovely coat today for £8... I'm really pleased with it and it will be great for the winter.

There are about 7 charity shops in my little town and some are really expensive while others are cheap as cheap :D

singlewiththree
12-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Our red cross shop is fantastic! The cancer research and HFT are expensive though.

helenlc
12-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I find our Save the Children one is the best - it was actually featured on Mary Queen of Chairty Shops on BBC2 a couple of months ago.

Their childrens books are mostly 20p and so we always donate ours when we have a sort through. But then we cant go back in for a month as its all just our books!!!:laughing:

I do like to go in them and havent done so for a few weeks.

I once got a lovely Vtech tree with balls for £3.50 that sells for around £25 new.:thumbsup: