PDA

View Full Version : Why dont people think

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I had to take my 2.5yr old to the dentist (long story heres short version!) as her dummy has damaged her two front teeth only time will tell if she has killed the nerves in them and they are very wobbly. :mad: horrible dummies

So after not a nice visit to thw dentisit i told her that the dummy fairy was coming to take away her dummies in a return for a present!

Well yesterday was day 2 without her dummies she was doing really well until this morning she woke up at 5.30am and had a masive paddy until gone 6.30am because she wanted her dummy.

Anyway I got up as usual at 6.45am ready for mindee at 7.30am well at 07.20yep 10 mins before he was due i got a text sorry for the short notice but child A wont be coming today :angry: :angry: well you can imagine how cross i was. She had all day and evening yesterday to tell me

All i can say is how would they like it if i gave them 10mins notice if i had to close oneday:angry:

miffy
11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I assume mindee not coming because parent has time off not because he's sick or anything?

I'd be annoyed if I'd got up and ready for work and parent had forgotten to say mindee wasn't coming.

On the plus side enjoy your long weekend - hope your dd is OK

Miffy xx

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi nope parent just had a day off work.

The parent of another child i pick up from nursery at 11.30am text me when i had just got in the car to go shopping to ask if she could drop him off 45 mins early! i said i was on the way to tescos and would collect him on route! If she didnt mind me taking him to the shops.

I had to take my 2 & 3yrold daughters and the 4yr old mindee to tescos thankfully they were all really well behaved and the cashier even commented saying how well they were behaved and how normally childs their age run riot whilst their parents are paying :)

miffy
11-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh sorry, thought it meant you'd got the day off!

Some people just don't think do they! At least your shopping's done (more than mine is :rolleyes: ) - it's nice when someone notices how well the children behave too.

Miffy xx

maryp0ppins
14-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I had to take my 2.5yr old to the dentist (long story heres short version!) as her dummy has damaged her two front teeth only time will tell if she has killed the nerves in them and they are very wobbly. :mad: horrible dummies

So after not a nice visit to thw dentisit i told her that the dummy fairy was coming to take away her dummies in a return for a present!

Well yesterday was day 2 without her dummies she was doing really well until this morning she woke up at 5.30am and had a masive paddy until gone 6.30am because she wanted her dummy.

Anyway I got up as usual at 6.45am ready for mindee at 7.30am well at 07.20yep 10 mins before he was due i got a text sorry for the short notice but child A wont be coming today :angry: :angry: well you can imagine how cross i was. She had all day and evening yesterday to tell me

All i can say is how would they like it if i gave them 10mins notice if i had to close oneday:angry:

OH that drives me MENTAL when they dont tell you till the last moment.
On mondays i only have 1 school child to pick up, so one RAINY freezing cold day i got the twins (aged3) ready for school run we were frozen, wet & the twins were whining cuz they were so cold.We waited & waited to be the last ones in the playground Only for the teacher to come & tell me X was'nt there today :angry: :censored: :angry:
I had my mobile & rang the mum to say "Thankyou very much for telling me X was'nt there" she said oh sorry i forgot to tell you. Had to bite my lip but said very calmly "Can you imagine if i FORGOT to pick X up & all i got was OH SOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Desi-101
14-02-2010, 03:08 PM
OH that drives me MENTAL when they dont tell you till the last moment.
On mondays i only have 1 school child to pick up, so one RAINY freezing cold day i got the twins (aged3) ready for school run we were frozen, wet & the twins were whining cuz they were so cold.We waited & waited to be the last ones in the playground Only for the teacher to come & tell me X was'nt there today :angry: :censored: :angry:
I had my mobile & rang the mum to say "Thankyou very much for telling me X was'nt there" she said oh sorry i forgot to tell you. Had to bite my lip but said very calmly "Can you imagine if i FORGOT to pick X up & all i got was OH SOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Same thing happend to me on Wednesday! mindee's mum had arranged for her to go home with a friend even packed her an extra bag that morning but claims to have forgotten! :(

Alibali
14-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd be cross too, hope dd is OK

nikim
14-02-2010, 10:41 PM

the same thing happened with my dd and she was 4 not a dummy though her thumb, it was really hard as we couldnt take it away and resorted to making her wear gloves in the day ,(she would remove them at night without our knowledge) it took months of bribery and distraction but eventually it got less untill she gave up and her teeth eventually returned to normal shes now 14 and has beautiful straight teeth and didnt need to wear a brace either good luck it will be worth it in 6 months youll wonder what all the fuss was about :)