PDA

View Full Version : would you believe it ?

mabel
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
the pre school in our village are trying to change into a nursery setting.
they say there is a great need for childcare.
we are a small village with a pre school of 9-15 children.
2 full time minders/2 part time minders.

Gobsmacked that the nursery has phone my customers to poach
my business under cutting my price !!
one mum has confirmed she will still use me
.....thank goodness her little one is full time

wondering what 2010 will hold

huggableshelly
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
wow what a cheek!

hopefully all of your parents will stay with you, I find parents gain their confidence with their CM's and they stay with them no matter what other cheaper offers may be out there.

Merry-Minder
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
wow what a cheek!

hopefully all of your parents will stay with you, I find parents gain their confidence with their CM's and they stay with them no matter what other cheaper offers may be out there.

Dito!!! Hopefully parents realise the quality of your care is more important than the price!

Cheeky devils!

Polly2
11-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Thats awful and so wrong of them. Hope it doesn't affect you too much :(

miffy
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I think it's really bad of them to phone your parents and try and poach them - I just hope it doesn't work!

Miffy xx

mama2three
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
do the children you mind go to the preschool? I would have thought they would ring all their own parents to try and fill spaces , rather than deliberately poaching. doesnt make it any less annoying though.
for most parents it isnt about money , especially with preschoolers. we have a nursery in the village that has cheaper day rate than the minders , yet we are all working and mostly as full as we wish to be. none of us get many 'schoolies' though as most of the kids go to the afterschool club. by this age i think parents are less worried about the standard of care.

mabel
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
someone has told me that this is not allowed, a new nursery cannot do this
and have told me to check with Ofsted, I think it is a bit unethical, I would never ring another minder's parents and offer to under cut,it would be so un professional, yes children do go to the pre school at 3 yrs here.

Mouse
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
the pre school in our village are trying to change into a nursery setting.
they say there is a great need for childcare.
we are a small village with a pre school of 9-15 children.
2 full time minders/2 part time minders.

Gobsmacked that the nursery has phone my customers to poach
my business under cutting my price !!
one mum has confirmed she will still use me
.....thank goodness her little one is full time

wondering what 2010 will hold

Have they specifically phoned your parents & said they will undercut you, or have they phone all parents in the village & told them what their fees will be, which happens to undercut you?

If it was the first option and they are deliberately trying to take your business then I would be inclined to have a strong word with them! How would they feel if you stood outside their nursery saying 'come to me, I;m cheaper'?

If it's the second option & they have phoned lots of parents (some of who just happen to be your clients) then I don't think there's much you can do about it. They may not have been aware when they were phoning that the children already went to your setting.

With any luck you won't lose work though as parents will realise how much better off their children are with you :thumbsup:

Tatjana
11-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm sure i won't be popular by saying this....but isn't it the way business' work? Offering cheaper services or special offers to gain business.

I know it's not nice but it's the way of the world.

xx