PDA

View Full Version : omg what do i do?????

beccas
11-12-2009, 11:16 AM
hi i have just took on 2 new lo's brother and sister little boy is 9mnths and she is 3 but not at school yet , the baby cronstantly unless i have him on my knee or in my arm..... what do i do.. i also mind a child with autism (3 at schl in afternoon)and another 2 year old. i only have the new 2, 2 1/2 days a week. but at this rate will be insane soon......

try controlled crying but stresses autisc boy.

11-12-2009, 12:11 PM
He is probably just getting used to you and his new surroundings though i completely understand where u are coming from.....when I took on a new mindee aged 5 months, he was very clingy and would cry whenever I put him down. He has now settled in much better and alot less clingy (unless tired). Just persevere.....it should get better soon :)

~Chelle~
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
He just needs to get used to you. It must be very strange for him to go from being with mum all day to being handed over to someone knew.

It also may be confusing for him if he is only coming for 2 and half days, he will need to get used to his new routine, bless him.

It will all take a bit of time I am afraid. Hope it doesnt take too long for you.

miffy
12-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Hang on in there, it will get better. Some children take longer than others to settle.

Talk to mum and see what comforts him at home - there might be a special toy he could bring with him or even just an old jumper of mum's so that he has something with her scent on.

Good luck and hope it settles down for you soon

Miffy xx

pinklady
12-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Hope things improve soon for you hun, but it is just a case of staying strong which I know is easier said than done in such a stressful situation.

Don't know if you have any of the social stories books but they may have a piece about babies and about how and why they cry written in a way that your mindee with autism will understand.

helenlc
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I had a LO start at 9 mths old and he was quite grizzly and demanding at first. But it only took him a few weeks to settle down - now he is a happy little chappie unless he is hungry!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Just persevere and when you put him down, keep on talking to him so he knows you are nearby. Look out for things that he enjoys doing ie my LO loves being sung to and also touch and feel books. When you have identified some things he really enjoys, you can work on these to get his trust and he will settle in more.

Good luck:thumbsup: