PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Register Query

twinkle3005
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I am interested to find out what other childminders understanding of the Childcare Register is.

If someone is referring to the two parts of the register and state 'older children' would you take it as older than early years age?

Over 8's are referred to as just that, 'over 8's' and come under the voluntary separate, register.

Would you say a 6 year old would then be classed as an older child because they are older than early years age.

I would appreciate as many replys on this as possible. Thanks

Jen 10
11-12-2009, 10:06 AM
After a bit of thought... I think I would class a 6 year old as a young child and the over 8s as older children in the Voluntary Register!

Interested to see what everyone else says.

twinkle3005
11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
If you're referring only to 'both parts of the childcare register' and not the voluntary register what would be your thoughts then? Would you take 'older child' as being older than early years then?

sarah707
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

Hth :D

nokidshere
11-12-2009, 11:21 AM
For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

Hth :D

I have all three age groups and work to the above!