PDA

View Full Version : Had a really good day

solly
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
We had our childminders christmas party today and took the two boys age 4 & 2 who I have on the day to the party. I could of arranged to take all my children but that would of made my day more stressful with the ages.

The 2 boys are from a family of 5, and mum is on her own (I have posted before about the family)
The two boys are really lovely children and dont have lots of things in life, they do have love & stability with me and a good routine.
Today there faces lit up with the magician we had hired, they laughed smiled giggled and had such a fantastic time it really melted my heart to see them have a good time:) :)
Both the boys got a book from Father Christmas and to say the boys were grateful was an understatement you would of thought he had given them the world. Mum was so grateful tonight she wanted to give me the money for the party to which i told her it was my treat and it was lovely to see them enjoying themselves.

I know this is a pointless post but sometimes this job is so rewarding:)

Mouse
10-12-2009, 11:13 PM
That's really lovely.

Some children seem to want & expect so much these days & it's nice when you have some that are genuinely happy about something quite simple. I bet it gave you a real warm glow :thumbsup:

ajs
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
isn't funny that those who have the least offer to pay for the trips and outings and the ones with the most money expect them for free

lovely that you were able to make the boys day so much fun

singlewiththree
11-12-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm so glad you all had such a good time.

we had our party yesterday but mindee 20mths is a watcher and starer and I just don't feel its been worthwhile. I have to tell myself that he is watching, taking in and its valuable for him to be there but it can be hard when all the others are laughing and enjoying myself and he is staring

angeldelight
11-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I think thats lovely

Well done to you for giving them a lovely day and a nice memory

Angel xxx

Bananabrain
11-12-2009, 07:42 AM
We had our childminders christmas party today and took the two boys age 4 & 2 who I have on the day to the party. I could of arranged to take all my children but that would of made my day more stressful with the ages.

The 2 boys are from a family of 5, and mum is on her own (I have posted before about the family)
The two boys are really lovely children and dont have lots of things in life, they do have love & stability with me and a good routine.
Today there faces lit up with the magician we had hired, they laughed smiled giggled and had such a fantastic time it really melted my heart to see them have a good time:) :)
Both the boys got a book from Father Christmas and to say the boys were grateful was an understatement you would of thought he had given them the world. Mum was so grateful tonight she wanted to give me the money for the party to which i told her it was my treat and it was lovely to see them enjoying themselves.

I know this is a pointless post but sometimes this job is so rewarding:)

That's really brightened my morning. Thanks:)

PixiePetal
11-12-2009, 07:51 AM
That's lovely, brought tears to my eyes. The real spirit of christmas.

I hope those memories stay with them for a long time, I am sure they will. For you - when you have tough days of minding, remember the day :) It is worth it

greanan
11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
sounds like you all had a great time....the boys will remember things like this im sure xx

AliceK
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
aaww bless them. That bought a tear to my eyes. Sounds like you're doing a great job with them and will give them lots of happy memories. Makes it all worthwhile I bet.
xxxxxx

ChocolateChip
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
It's never pointless to hear that a child has had a lovely memory created for them, it's nice that you have posted about it and shared a bit of that precious time with us.
And it also nice to hear that the mum appreciated you too, well done you!

Tatjana
11-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Aww, that's really sweet and made me smile. :)

xx

TheBTeam
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
That is so nice, thank you, you have restored my faith in some families just a bit!