PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Pressies

shelly04
10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondered what the majority give their mindees for Christmas? I usually give just a little thing, usually a big selection box, and chocolate coins. Mindee finished up today until new year, (only started Oct) mum gave me pressie for myself, my 8 year old and two year old. Kids were excited and wanted to open them . I was mortified, she had bought me a toiletries gift set, 8 year old littles pet shop digital pets and selection box and the 2 year old a large drawing kit from disney store and selection box. Imagine how :censored: i felt. What do you do?

sarah707
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I buy them a book each :D

LittleStar's
10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I have spent about £10. on both of mine but i think next year it will probably be just a book and a selection box as im hoping to have more mindees by then!!! :)

carol cameron
10-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Think I am a bit soft really, I spend around 15/20 pounds each on presents for my childminded children BUT I shop in the sales too so sometimes i can spend much less but the children still get really nice presents.

Desi-101
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I got my only mindee who is 6 (a little madam as all girls at that age are) a little girlie gift set in strawberry from Avon which I got in sale in Sept for a fiver and some chocolates which cost 2.50! same avon set costs more now so it pays to shop early. Bless hope she doesn't try taste it as it smells georgeous!

Don't feel bad if your mindees mum got more, means they appreciate you loads! and heck you are worth it!!! and maybe she realises it!:clapping:

miffy
10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I keep a look out all year round for presents I know mine will like - I try and buy in sales so that I (they) get more for my money!

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Generally a book and a selection box:thumbsup:

The Juggler
10-12-2009, 11:29 PM
i have parents who buy for me, my kids parents who buy for me, parents who just buy for my kids and parents who do neither. I don't worry about it any more. I just buy for mindees and don't expect anything. Anything we recieve is a lovely bonus!

wendywu
10-12-2009, 11:46 PM
In this situation i would have to drop some pressies round to her. I would pop a little note in saying " thanking you for your kind generosity to my family, it was unexpected but much appreciated" then i could rest easy ;)

mushpea
11-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Mine get a book and a selcetion box each. I have 8 mindees to pay for so cant afford to spend lots on them.,

singlewiththree
11-12-2009, 06:59 AM
I only have 3 mindees so have spent between £6-£10 on them depending on what I think they will like.

nokidshere
11-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I have 15 mindees on my books so I aim to spend a maximum of £5 each on them.

However, I shop through the year (especially september when there are great bargains) and get some really good stuff. My girls have Hamma bead sets this time which were £12.99 reduced to £3.99 - bargain :thumbsup: Last year I bought all the children Annuals in the BOGOF offers for £4.99.

Hebs
11-12-2009, 09:17 AM
i got my mindees personalised colouring pencils (£1.99 each on ebay) and a selection box

:thumbsup:

estrelas
11-12-2009, 09:30 AM
My two full timers I have bought quite decent pressies for,
My after schoolies are just getting stickers, pens and selection boxes.
I have 9 after schoolies on various days so couldn't possibly go mad
I am buying flowers for one parent who I have become quite close to x

Merry-Minder
11-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I have bought a book each for my mindees, around £5 each.

terrydoo73
11-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I have 4 mindees - 2 from each family, twins in one and a little girl and her brother in the other. The girl just had her birthday on Wednesday past for which I bought her a Barbie doll and some clothes. I have also bought her a Numberlies jigsaw for Christmas which cost £10 and her brother a little tractor with accessories at £5. The twins are each getting a tractor costing £3 each. I will also buy them a selection box and jelly sweets (using Tesco vouchers!) and possibly a book if I am feeling generous!! I try and make sure the parents do not buy to me personally as I am not one for presents - I try to say to give something for my daughter who is aged 8. The little sister and brother's mum gave me tickets to go and see a pantomine last year which was brilliant as both my daughter and I enjoyed that although it was a 2 hour drive to get there! Both my parents are related (2 sisters) so I hope this year they have got together and bought 1 present for my daughter!!

Jen 10
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I think that people who give lovely presents like you received from your parent are not giving to receive but rather to show their appreciation so you shouldn't feel like to need to match them.

I was debating whether or not to give presents for christmas but I settled on getting all 9 a watch regardless of age. The younger children got a character watch and the older ones got football or glittery ones! Spent about £5 on each child.

greanan
11-12-2009, 10:44 AM
all my mindees are under 4, so i have got them different sets for the bath. One of the wee boys have got a vehicle set which has roads and cars that stick to the tiles, they all have the same sort of thing...just a different theme.will get them some sweets to go with it.x

ChocolateChip
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Last year I got the lo's books, and the schoolies (who all happened to be girls) an electronic hand held friend game which were reduced to about £3 but looked like at least a tenners worth- bargain!
I am struggling this year as I've got 14 altogether, 3 have also had birthdays this week, one is 12 and I don't know what to get him, one of the girls is a tomboy and I've had no time to go shopping yet!
I had planned to do a nice big order from the book people but haven't had the chance to get round to it, so guess I'll just have to go out and spend a fortune at the weekend :(
My fault for not being organised, but not enough hours in the day at the mo!

Chimps Childminding
11-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Ours have all got books this year! We got them in the sale back in the summer from The Works! About 6 books in a plastic carry case, cost us £2 each, but should have been about £20!!!!! We love a bargain!!!!!!:clapping:

Carolyn & June

haribo
11-12-2009, 10:46 PM
In this situation i would have to drop some pressies round to her. I would pop a little note in saying " thanking you for your kind generosity to my family, it was unexpected but much appreciated" then i could rest easy ;)

dont forget they only have one childminder(usually ) while we can have several children to buy for. i have never bought for mindees families just the mindees it would be a nightmare if i started worrying about giving the same back if im lucky enough to get pressies . sorry i sound mean now :blush: