PDA

View Full Version : food provider inspection today

Winnie
10-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I had a lady from environmental health here today. She was very nice, she liked the fact that i record fridge/freezer temps ever day and keep a log of problems, that i have a level 2 food safety, that i use anti-bac spray, paper towels and have a range of plastic chopping boards- she agreed they do not need to be different colours but to be aware that after using for raw meat they should be wiped clean before washing in very hot water and then sprayed with anti-bac. She gave me an excellent and left :laughing:

christine e
10-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Well done you!

Cx

sarah707
10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Great news! Well done you :D

Pipsqueak
10-12-2009, 10:34 PM
thas brilliant - well done.

Do you use the Safer Food Better Business Pack for Minders?

suez
11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
i went on the course the other night, i do think its silly coz i dont provide cooked food the little 1s bring their own lunch i just serve but i was told i have to register, but im worried if they come out will i have to get chopping boards multi coloured and so on in just to show her i know wat im doing or just show her how i store in the fridge?

Pauline
11-12-2009, 08:53 AM
i went on the course the other night, i do think its silly coz i dont provide cooked food the little 1s bring their own lunch i just serve but i was told i have to register, but im worried if they come out will i have to get chopping boards multi coloured and so on in just to show her i know wat im doing or just show her how i store in the fridge?

I think you just need to demonstrate that you understand food hygiene and how to keep food safely and serve it safely. Provided you can show how you prevent cross contamination from chopping boards then you don't have to buy special ones.

For anyone looking for Food Hygiene Courses on line, don't forget the one I did, which I found really good Food Hygiene Course (http://scripts.affiliatefuture.com/AFClick.asp?affiliateID=83748&merchantID=1709&programmeID=4904&mediaID=0&tracking=1&url=http://ukvirtual-college.co.uk/node/645/150790) I did a review in the Forum Training and Courses section if you want to read it.