PDA

View Full Version : ICP last night

tinytigers
06-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Hellp all

It was the first of our 8 week ICP last night and we just did a basic literacy assessment and we handed packs etc to look through ready for next week.

The lady that did the course said that its going to take 6 months to get registered from now!!!!

That was quite a shock as at the briefing she said about 12-16 weeks.

Its going to take forever. :(

Spangles
06-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Why ever did she say it would take 6 months?

Has the registering system changed?

Sorry, I don't understand why it would take so long, for me I think it was about 12 weeks and I thought that was quite long!

tinytigers
06-03-2008, 09:32 AM
She didnt really explain things that well but when asked she said it takes 8 weeks for the course then the first aid and food hygiene they put us through.

We dont get our registration forms until we have almost finished the course!!

The ICP we are doing is CACHE DHC Unit 1 and she said is a proper qualification at level 3. Is that what everyone else did as ICP course?

sarah707
06-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Too long ago for me... but 6 months sounds excessive! I would have a word with your local Children's Information service and see what they say...

Maybe she was just erring on the safe side, but even so! :eek:

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi there, I was told on my ICP course that the whole process would take 6 months from beginning to registration.

This is how it went for me -

Icp course (and first aid included) started in October - finished mid December
Got our application packs after the ICP had finished, end of December
Sent it off a few weeks later, in mid January
Took Ofsted till Feb to come out to me (4 weeks since they received my application)
Now waiting my CRB checks
Should be completed by April

Equals- 6 months.

Some areas give out your application forms straight away, before the ICP course, therefore you can get it sent off and become registered with in say, 12 weeks. But other counties, like mine and yours, you have to do all the courses before they let oyu have the application forms.

It does take a long while, in some cases, all depends on which area you live. X

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes the ICp is DHC unit 1

sarah707
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
But Sandra the woman on 'Whistleblower' last night was registered in less than 5 minutes and all she needed was a quick chat with an Ofsted inspector!

She didn't even have a fireguard or stair gate! In fact, she didn't even have a house!!! She was borrowing this mansion type place from friends!

:ROFL1:

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
But Sandra the woman on 'Whistleblower' last night was registered in less than 5 minutes and all she needed was a quick chat with an Ofsted inspector!

She didn't even have a fireguard or stair gate! In fact, she didn't even have a house!!! She was borrowing this mansion type place from friends!

:ROFL1:

:laughing: :laughing: Very true!!!!

Spangles
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Cor Sandra, it's been changed since I did it last year. I got my forms to register etc at my first finding out evening course thingy, then I filled them in, Ofsted came and ok'd me, CRBs etc got done and I was registered in about 12 weeks and then a couple of months later I did the ICP when already working!

I prefer the old way! Six months is awful!

miffy
06-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Perhaps she got the length of time wrong

Maybe you should double check next week

Miffy xx

laura
06-03-2008, 11:01 PM
hi im doing the fast track icp in just 3 weeks so i hope its not gonna take ofsted too long to register me lol
good luck with everything , it does seem very long winded
laura x

SonnysMummy
11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
When i went on my first info session they said that we can send of our application to ofstead before the ICP course. They said we can do the course while we're going along with the application and something about it's fine to do the course anytime as long as it's within 3 months of being registered. I think that's what they said anyway. I hope so because money is really tight... i really need to get going as soon as poss!!! x

lishylee
11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
hi i got my forms ect before my icp i sent my forms off beginging of october iv done my first aid and finished icp course just got safe guarding children which is on thursday my police checks are back apart from my mums im still waiting to be registered its been 5 mths so far for me :(

hope its not that long for you
leanne x

chels55
15-03-2008, 11:03 PM
it really does take six months here in wales. i did the ICP course which ran over three weeks (saturday) full day and thought i would be registered sooner i started in early october and just waiting on my certificate from cssiw was told a further three weeks.
most of this six months are waiting for results , for cssiw to check your policys and procedures, crb checks, references, social service report and visit.

tulip0803
15-03-2008, 11:09 PM
it really does take six months here in wales. i did the ICP course which ran over three weeks (saturday) full day and thought i would be registered sooner i started in early october and just waiting on my certificate from cssiw was told a further three weeks.
most of this six months are waiting for results , for cssiw to check your policys and procedures then checks and visit.

I started the process in October and still haven't been inspected by CSSIW yet. I didn't have to do ICP courses etc as I already have them but it is still taking ages. I am gonna give it til after Easter and then ring. I gave them my CRB forms in December and I also had one done for scouts at the same time, the scouts one has come back CSSIW one hasn't. DH had one as he is a school bus driver 6 weeks ago through local council and that has come back CSSIW hasn't:(