PDA

View Full Version : No Santa - update...

MissTinkerbell
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Have been talking to the head teacher and it seems that it has been a complete misunderstanding...

What was said - the head was telling the children how he had been to Germany at the weekend and they were celebrating St Nick's Day. He was telling the children how he brings them presents and if they've been naughty they get a piece of coal. He then went onto say how in this country its Father Christmas and that he brings us presents on Jesus' birthday rather than 6th December as in Germany. He then went onto say that sometimes Father Christmas and St Nicholas are called Santa Claus and that how neither FC or SN like being called this because Santa is a made up version by the Coca Cola company to advertise cola. He then went onto say that we were lucky that it was Father Christmas who brought us presents at Xmas because he's a much nicer person than St Nick and that he would tell them next week in his assemby all about how special Father Christmas is and how he manages to achieve everything all in one night.

This obviously explains why my DD said that Santa wasn't really Santa but St Nick.

Anyway the media have now become involved and it has all become a bit of a witch hunt. having heard the real story I have now tore up my complaint and am actually considering writing a letter of support to the Givernors instead.

ORKSIE
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh dear....Seems the Head didnt make it very clear for the LO's then.
Hopefully his next assembly will be planned so that the LO's dont get confused.
I would have thought they would do 2 assemblies so that the Head can keep it plain and simple for the LO's and a little more indepth for the older children.
Oh well...

Hebs
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
And FC did wear green but coca cola changed it to red and white to match their Logo!!

Glad its sorted and yes I agree with THIS version ha ha poor teacher he/she must be horrified

flora
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh dear, so it's all a storm in a tea cup then???

How sad for the head thats it's all been blown out of proportion.

Good for you, writing you letter. You know we are right behind you now we know the correct facts :thumbsup:

miffy
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I bet this is one assembly the Head wishes he'd never given!

Miffy xx

MissTinkerbell
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh I'm sure he does!!!!

Trouble is now there is a real witch hunt going on and people want him sacked over it all.

Totally ridiculous.

Mollymop
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Poor guy! ha ha. He is right though, isn't he.
Though I wouldn't have gone right into it about FC not being as nice as St. Nic though, to the kids he is the same person...which he is :rolleyes:

miffy
10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh I'm sure he does!!!!

Trouble is now there is a real witch hunt going on and people want him sacked over it all.

Totally ridiculous.

That's very unfair! Totally over the top!

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh I'm sure he does!!!!

Totally ridiculous.

Oh thats daft...Poor bloke:panic:

Lady Haha
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Why did he have to go on about it anyway!!!! Just because Santa was made up by Coca Cola!!!! So that means Father Christmas isn't 'made up' then?????

Merry-Minder
10-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Why did he have to go on about it anyway!!!! Just because Santa was made up by Coca Cola!!!! So that means Father Christmas isn't 'made up' then?????

OMG!!! What are you trying to say?!?!?!?!?!?!..........................lol

Lady Haha
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Just had a little look about and found this to say Coca Cola did not invent the modern version wearing red and white etc!

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/cocacola.asp

Desi-101
10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
When is this going to stop! hope the head is going to be ok!

I believed in FATHER CHRISTMAS until I was about 10, but then I grew up in Africa where things were a bit more laid back!!

and

St. Nicholas did exist!!!

:clapping: :laughing: :D