PDA

View Full Version : Is this right???

bexx
09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
OK, let me paint you a little picture. I have Mrs O visiting next week, so I am a little nervous, but mostly desperate to get it right. I have been obs for some time, and have been told these are all great. I know that one area I've missed is making sure that the Next Steps are covered at a later date. So I've been trying to find the best way to do this. I have made up basic table showing the Next Step, which I will transfer over from the obs sheet, date acheived, and comments (ie things that worked well). This will ensure that the areas I earmarked for that child, get covered and not forgotten.
Then I have put my obs in the child's file with dividers sperating them into the areas of learning they cover. This way I can identify which areas I need to cover in the future for that child. For example, I have realised that I spend a lot of time on KUW, withouht ever realising it!
Is this enough, or do you think Mrs O will want more in depth planning for eac child?
:panic:

sarah707
10-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately every inspector seems to want something a little different so it's impossible to answer your question.

However, what you are doing sounds great... it's about showing a progression...

So it's a continuous cycle of obs, links to Eyfs, next steps planning, obs etc...

Hth :D

Allie
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
What you are doing sounds great around here cm's are being told not to over do the paperwork by Ofsted, but how much is to much?

Allie

bexx
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree the advice is confusing. One the one hand they tell you not to overegg the paperwork, on the other we need to show progression. I will leave it as it is then. It has taken me some time to set up the system, but now it's in use, it is actually quick to use. Only time will tell.
Thanks for the feedback :)