PDA

View Full Version : When you give letters out..

Jelly Baby
09-12-2009, 08:52 PM
For whatever reason how do you do it? sounds odd but i am tired of parents saying 'oh hubby didn't give it me' or it must be in the car lost as haven't read yet' etc etc..
I have been away for a few days and been paid late as one just didn't read and im now wondering how many have actually read them..just text one as she said she didn't get her bill which means she prob hadn't seen or even read it..grr

My plan was to get the dads (as thats always who drops/picks) to sign for whatever i give out but always feel bad as the mums pay me and i feel they should know what their OH are signing for!..is there a way round this?
Thanks

Minstrel
09-12-2009, 09:08 PM
E-mail it out to both parents???

Dottilicious
09-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I always put letters in the childs daily diary (notebook) and also write in the diary that it is enclosed. I also have a section on my website that parents can log into to see any letters I have sent out if they have been misplaced.

Could you ask parents if they have an email address and send any letter electronically, they may be more likely to read them if they are regularly checking their email account? Just an idea.

Sorry i cant be of more help.

Winnie
09-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I just pop them into the daily diary, i assume parents read that every night and find my notes, invoices and newletters. I also put copies on the notice board (not the bills or such like). If it was very important- like a late payment fee ;) then i would hand it over personnally. On the invoice i say when payment is due and i write when the next payment will be due so they know, this month the invoice was handed out on 24th nov to be paid by 1st dec, and i wrote next payment due 5th jan on the bottom- no excuse for late payment.

angeldelight
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I know just what you mean - I can hand it to a parent and they can still say they have not had it :laughing: :laughing:

I usually hand it over and email it to them so I have the copy to prove it was sent

Angel xxx

PixiePetal
10-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I write things in the daily notebook or put a letter in there telling parent where it is. No problems yet :thumbsup:

Polly2
10-12-2009, 09:07 AM
I put letters in childs bag or lunch box. I also put a copy on notice board.

Jelly Baby
15-12-2009, 10:37 PM
E-mail it out to both parents???

Thanks but 2 of my parents don't have pc's as one refuses to pay the line rental and the other is sick of the cold calls she gets!

Jelly Baby
15-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks well handed 3 out..parent ones was given to her son and oddly was returned to me the next day with her payment all signed and done (odd as she is very disorgonised but fab at any changes)..she is lovely and easy..the second one has as of yet not said a word..she has had this months newsletter too with 'reminder' in so not sure why i havent had it back..the 3rd nothing and she is the worst. Come bills this fri i will send another reminder stating that fees will increase regardless due to no replies..assuming i can do this?!..its not going up till feb so they have loads of notice..maybe they are looking for someone else!..thanks for the replys x