PDA

View Full Version : Putting up fees

mum2two
05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Have any of you done this?

Just wondered, as there's a couple of cm's by me who are now trying to get more full timers, and have said they'll now charge £4 p/h for new ones.

I charge £3.50 including all meals & snacks, and have done since I started last Jan. (This was the same rate as all the others, none charged more than this back then)

Not sure when, (or if ) I should put my fees up. I've got a few that have been with me since Sept 2007, 2 started with me last week, and a baby starting with me in Sept 2008, so can't see how to put fees up, as they've all been with me dif amounts of time.... (or not yet even started). I haven't got any spaces, til my lo starts school Sept 2009... so not going to be able to charge new amounts to new parents before then anyway... (unless something I really don't want to happen does!!!)

Does anyone know how nursery's do it? How often do they put there fee's up, cos I bet they do...! I just don't see why we shouldn't go along with inflation - everything else does!

Kelly x

chubbymummy
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
i'm putting fees up in april:-

2-80 now 2-90 in april

lunch 75p now 1-00 in april

tea 1-25 now 1-50 in april

i reviewed my policies in january and informed parents then of the increase

miffy
05-03-2008, 09:31 PM
It's up to you when you put your fees up but if you set your fees in Sept 07 then personally I wouldn't put them up again until Sept 2008

Miffy xx

Sarsar3NCH
05-03-2008, 09:45 PM
You can tie it in with contract reviews

Sarah

Tatia
05-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I have thought about putting my fees up but the trouble is that aroud here there are too many childminders with a lot of vacancies. I am well established and nearly full but if I don't stay competitive, I'll definitely lose work down the road.

Would like a raise though! :)

Clever Clogs
05-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Not at that position yet as only just starting but I think I would prob wait until the year since I last reviewed it or when contract is up for review?

Tracey

Trouble
05-03-2008, 10:26 PM
i need to review mine

:panic:

Twinkles
05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not very good at putting my fees up - i only do it every two to three years. I have a friend who puts hers up by 25p every time the contract needs renewing ie yearly.

angeldelight
06-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Good luck whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

deeb66
09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I put the fees up on the anniversary of the contract.

it does sometimes mean that all the children are on different rates but they all equal out in the end.

Rubybubbles
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Recently when I started new children I put my fee up was £3.50 so when new ones started in October they went onto £.60 per hour,

Maybe you could do this for baby when starts in Sept?

Or as everyone else says I would do it with contract review, or I have given out a letter in the Jan, for rise in APril (tax year pay rise ect! I use haha)

RedDragon
10-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Have just put mine up (old ones were on £2.50 p.h. and have just sent letters out saying it is going up to £3 p.h.). Newer ones are already on £3 p.h. I softened the blow a little by only putting 1 child's fees up if they have 2 children with me.

I explained that I am just finishing my Diploma in Home based childcare and that after being on the Diploma/course I have realised I was charging the least in our village!

I have also been on 3 other courses this year and have booked 4 more to go on - so it's not as if the parents are not getting value for money (a highly qualified Childminder) :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've also updated all my policies (now have 51 of the little blighters in a folder and on a web page) and I have started a monthly newsletter. I feel by doing all this extra work I am entitled to ask for a few pennies an hour more. :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

ChocolateChip
10-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Well said Claire!

I only started in Feb, so not doing mine yet, but I will see how this first year works out, thought I'd just do a yearly rise in April as I don't think I could keep up with having people on different rates!

:)