PDA

View Full Version : NVQ

Straws
09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I attended a meeting last night for nvq's, do you think it will become complusary for childminders to have a level 3 in childcare by 2015, my DO says it won't but was given the impression at the meeting it will become complusary, how many of you will be doing it before 2015?

Straws xx

miffy
09-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I did mine in 2006/7 because they were talking about it being compulsory in the future and I wanted to get it done whilst there was funding available.

I'm not sure it will be compulsory by then but I think they want to encourage people to get a qualification.

Miffy xx

Dottilicious
09-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I have just signed up to do mine as the funding has just become available in my area, it has been limited this year. If it does become compulsory it will proberly become even harder to get funding to do it.

PaulaR
09-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I did mine while the fundig wasthere. It was one eve a week for two hours, term time only for almost a year and wasn't difficult. Now its done and out of the way

youarewhatyoueat
09-12-2009, 03:05 PM
The funding is running out, it is there untill 2011 but getting limited, so if you want to do it do it now. The nvq3 in some form will be compulsory by 2015, but may differ slightly to what is on offer at the moment.This is what I was told by train to gain who deliver some of the funding.