PDA

View Full Version : IDEAS FOR A PHOTO GIFT PLEASE SOMEONE?

OrlandoBelle
09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I took pictures of all my mindees individually this morning, each one sitting in front of the Christmas tree. They came out lovely and I would like to do something special with them to give as a gift for their parents, but having trouble thinking what to do with them. I don't just want to put them into a frame. I want to do something original.

Does anyone have any ideas?

LittleMissSparkles
09-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I bought some snow globes for 99p at B&M and put their photos in them

you could print a photo and laminate it and turn it into a calendar

erm..... will have a think and come back later x

OrlandoBelle
09-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry to be thick... but what's B&M?? Lol.

The snow globe is a lovely idea, but they're such nice pictures, I was thinking of printing them off 10x8 or 5x7, so quite big.

The calenders are a good idea too, but we've already made snowman calenders! Lol.

Thank you for the suggestions though. xxx

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I also wondered

I thought you meant B&Q and had mispelt :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xxx

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
What about a key ring ?

I know we have a shop that does that straight away and they are only cheap do you have anything like that by you Aimie?

Angel xx

miffy
09-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Have a look here for some ideas

http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/

I just googled photo gifts and lots came up - might help you

Miffy xx

PaulaR
09-12-2009, 03:07 PM
a table mat? Whats' wrong with a nice photo frame, if the picture is that good, no point messing with it. The parents will love it whatever you do

OrlandoBelle
09-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm sure Tesco do photo keyrings and things in there Angel. Might go up there tonight and have a look.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I may well go with the photo frame or some kind of Christmas card. Haven't done those yet as i've run out of card:(

Chell
09-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I think B&M is the same group or similar to our Home Bargains.

Poundland have cards to add photos to for Christmas cards.

I think sites like Yellow Moon do frames that children can decorate, perhaps too late to order those now though. Could you laminate them then cut out a frame shape for the children to decorate.

I think on ebay you can have them made into cake toppers, you could make cakes with them. :laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
09-12-2009, 04:55 PM
bargain madness bit like home bargains as chell said

x

OrlandoBelle
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Ahhhhh... Don't think we've got one of those around here.

Thanks for all your ideas everyone. I have finally thought of something and have been making them with my 3 little ones this morning. Just waiting for the paint to dry so I can put them together.

We have made christmas wreaths... A paper plate with a hole cut out the middle (the size of a CD), painted green. Then the children all painted their hands green and printed them on paper. Just waiting for these to dry.

I am then going to cut the handprints out and stick them around the edge of the plates, cut out a red bow and stick on the bottom which the children can decorate with glitter. Then stick their photo in the middle! :clapping:

I will post a photo later when they're finished so you can all have a look. x

georgie456
12-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I did photo cards for all my mindees parents - Primark are doing a pack of 10 for £1! You just slip the photo inside and the kids loved writing in them too.