PDA

View Full Version : back with my bottles

gegele
09-12-2009, 12:02 PM
did a try with DD and glitter and water with a little bottle of glycerin......result was poor!!!:(

but if it's glycerin only it's going to cost a fortun!!!!:(

Lady Haha
09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Just had a quick look around on google and the methods on there all say to use distilled water or boiled water thats been left to cool, so that must have something to do with it!

Also, you can get bigger bottles of glycerene (search for vegetable glycerene) , theres loads on ebay, but I should think a good chemist would stock larger bottles than the supermarket food aisle!

Good luck and thanks for bringing it up as I made snow shakers last year and used only water and it's rubbish!!! Will do some more now!!!

mum2two
09-12-2009, 01:21 PM
We made space jars earlier in the year. Just water, blue food colouring & glitter. They were rubbish...

I think their was an idea in a magazine recently, and it did say distilled water and glycerine.

Hope the distilled water makes it work better!

xx

The Juggler
09-12-2009, 02:04 PM
our childrens' centre just used water and glitter. they suggested using cooking oil too.

miffy
09-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Not sure what you're trying to do?

Miffy xx

singingcactus
09-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Would baby oil not work? I have been into town twice this week and forgotten to get some both times cos we are making more science bottle and it's the onle clear oil I can find in our part of the UK.
Just plain baby oil - no water. Although my boys favourite bottle right now is blue water and baby oil, he loves to mix then watch them separate again. He is in to separating right now - with sieves,colanders, tweezers whatever lol.

Lady Haha
09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Miffy, she is trying to make glitter snow shaker things, you know what I mean!! There is another thread about it!

Pipsqueak
09-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Cooking oils are good too.

Experiment a little:D