PDA

View Full Version : First bit of EYFS training...

mum2two
05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, went on the first course last night, 'introduction to EYFS.' I found it quite helpful actually.

Made a bit more sense of the whole thing, and obs, which I was worried about, is nowhere near as complicated as I was imaginging.

She just said, ie if a child counts to 5, write 'x counted to 5' on a post it note, sign & date it - wham bam obs done!!! They don't want reams of pages with obs, just that your noticing, and will help the child move on with it... :thumbsup:

Got the next course, 'Implementing it' on 7th June, so will find out more, but not panicking as much as I was!! :D

Kelly x

miffy
05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Glad it's helped you Kelly

Let us know what you think to the next bit

Miffy xx

avril
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear it's not too bad I'm still waiting for our training dates to be announced

Avril :)

katickles
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I've been meaning to put a thread on this as i went to mine Saturday. Again i found it really useful & made the whole EYFS thing sound fine really. Although saying that, i think as i am new to childminding its maybe easier for those not already in the business! :)

mum2two
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I've been meaning to put a thread on this as i went to mine Saturday. Again i found it really useful & made the whole EYFS thing sound fine really. Although saying that, i think as i am new to childminding its maybe easier for those not already in the business! :)

I agree. Speaking to a few that have been doing 20 odd years, it's just too much change for them, and not what they or the parents who use them want...

One lady I know now has kids of kids she looked after, so she must have done something right! :thumbsup:

Kelly x

bubbly
05-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Kelly. It's encouraging to hear you got on so well. I hope the 2nd part goes just as good.

Tily Bud
05-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Glad you enjoyed it , hope the next part is just as good :)

Angela234
05-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Iv'e got part 3 tomorrow night planning and observation should be very interesting last week went on a childminding workshop for EYFS which was good aimed just at childminders/ homebased childcare.

Angela

sarah707
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Sounds like they're talking good sense! :D

Trouble
05-03-2008, 10:20 PM
ive just come back from first one and i think the only thing that will change is a little more writing on our part

not too bad i just wont sleep until 3 am now but hey thats ok!!!!!!!!!!!

Clever Clogs
05-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Sounds interesting. Glad you enjoyed it and made things a bit clearer.

tracey

angeldelight
06-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Sounds nice and easy and what I will be doing

Keep us posted Kelly

Angel xx

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info Kelly, I have my first one next Saturday and I am looking ofrward to it really, as I want to know more to stop me worrying about what I have to do.

Cammie Doodle
06-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Carolyn and I have attended "Opening the Pack "(EYFS) and also EYFS Awareness Raising for Childminders which included information on observing and record keeping. Must admit it did not each us a lot more that we THOUGHT was right , but it was very reassuring that we are on the "right" tracks, and that obs, recording etc is not meant to take ages and that this should be done "whenever" not hourly , daily weekly etc , Just whenever anything new/ different is noted and how you will move to next level
ie baby for 1st time touched a rattle, it made a noise baby enjoyed this.
You note this down (obs) maybe add photo (evidence) and what you will do next ?You decide to bring out more musical/ noisy baby toys for baby to play with(planning)
Easy Peasy when you think about it;)
Best comment of the evening was "YOU DO NOT NEED TO BECOME MINI NURSERIES" Thank God for that:littleangel: