PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts for Parents

patevans
09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
What has everyone made as gifts for the parents or do you just do lots of different crafts and just send them everything? over the years we have done a box of love, peppermints stars, personalised soap etc I am out of ideas!

sarah707
09-12-2009, 07:49 AM
We are doing calendars this year.

Each month will have a mixture of photos, pictures, collages etc done by the children.

They are all really enjoying putting them together :D

patevans
09-12-2009, 07:53 AM
so far we have done calendars, cards, baubles, reindeer food (still to do), stockings, masks, porcelin ornaments, choc tree decs, snow scene pics, foam mittens...i think thats all so far!!

patevans
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Oh and crackers!

miffy
09-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I don't make presents for parents but the children do lots of crafts that they can give to their mums/dads if they want.

It sounds like you've been very busy and made lots of things

Miffy xx

patevans
09-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I might do peppermint stars again, how long will they last once sent home?

angeldelight
09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I might do peppermint stars again, how long will they last once sent home?

Not long in our house :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Mollymop
09-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I am the same as Miffy - we don't make gifts for the parents, though I do at birthdays but not xmas. We make lots of craft and cards, but that's it

Graham
09-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Last year our kiddies made key rings for their parents and we put a photo of the child in them, we were pleased to see the other day when one of the mum's came to collect that she still had her key ring so it has lasted a year. Very impressive.

singingcactus
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't make gifts for parents. Yes we do art sessions here, and with the older preschoolers there may be a finished project to take home, but definitely not a gift for the parents from me.

mrs c
09-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes, I also don't do presents other than the crafts the children have made and parents always seem pleased with these.

mum2two
09-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I did little photobooks last year. Mini ones for a couple of pounds. This year I have the keyrings, to put photo's in.

I have done a bigger photobook for one parent, as she loves everything they do & I know she'll appreciate a year in photos.

xx

Heaven Scent
09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Each month will have a mixture of photos, pictures, collages etc done by the children.

Do you make the calendars or do you buy them and add the photos - this year I've just bought A4 card calendars from Baker Ross and will just be adding 1 photo.

We will be decorating photo frame picture frames to hang on the tree then we have decorated some crackers - left over from last year and some cards also left over from last year plus we have made some snow storms - left over from last year - I've ordered £20.00 worth of stuff from Baker Ross crowns, those picture frame decs, other decs etc we will probably wrap up the picture frame decs for kiddies to give to parents as presents and hope it arrives soon will be making my world famous christmas trees with those who attend in christmas week and some card stars to go on the top.

Other than that its a gift and card for the kiddies and a christmas message for the parents which will include a thank you for any gift they may buy me -hopeful aren't I:blush: Actually I know C will get me one he always does and K's mum said she has bought me something - so there I'm not so cheeky - I know I'll be getting 2 and I bet G&L's mum will get me something small cause she bought me chocs at the end of the school year last year and I only had G one day per week then well she gave me a card today when I dropped the girls off after school and they both gave me ones they made for me last night. - there I go rambling again!!!!

Hebs
09-12-2009, 04:05 PM
we have done...

Calanders
Paint you own mugs
Crackers
Baubles

need to do....

Christmas Cards (one mindee is finished her's)
Reindeer food

:thumbsup:

Mouse
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I bought some little wooden christmas tree photo frames from B&Q (I think it was someone on here who posted about them), so the children are decorating those. They'll also do cards & pictures. It really depends how much time we have as they all keep going off sick!

For the babies I'm doing handprint calendars.

I've also made the parents some photo collages (only £1.69 from Costco) which have lots of pictures of their children on them. And I've put all the photos I've taken through the year onto CDs for them, so they get a copy of them all.

mushpea
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
i'm going to get some flower pots and they can decorate them with stickers then play a bulb for mum, not sure for dad yet

venus89
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't make presents for parents but the children do lots of crafts that they can give to their mums/dads if they want.

It sounds like you've been very busy and made lots of things

Miffy xx

Me too - they could pass as gifts if the parents thought of it that way - things to hang on the tree etc

francinejayne
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
as a parent I would prefer a craft something made by my child as a present anyway! :)

Monkey1
11-12-2009, 06:41 AM
We have decorated a huge old tin ( baby milk size) that i got from the recycling centre, painted them red and turned them into santa's suit flower pots, then we bought some ponsettas from tesco (£1.50) and placed them in.....they looked fantastic!

singlewiththree
11-12-2009, 07:07 AM

I'm doing the same but for the mindees who are 8mths, 20mths I am painting their hands and feet with lots of different colours and then when they are dry putting them together to make pics, like reindeer for Dec mixed with photos of them. The 4yr old is sharing the 8mth calendar so I only have to do 6mths for her as he has done some lovely pics for the other months.

singlewiththree
11-12-2009, 07:09 AM
We have decorated a huge old tin ( baby milk size) that i got from the recycling centre, painted them red and turned them into santa's suit flower pots, then we bought some ponsettas from tesco (£1.50) and placed them in.....they looked fantastic!

Just a thought Poinsetta's are posionus incase you weren't aware so might be one you have to put in.

The Juggler
11-12-2009, 07:40 AM
footprint poster, and clay dec for the tree - that's it then I send home all their christmas arts and crafts too.

I sound mean now don't ring.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Mine just are not interested so we have gone for simple things

calendars - open 3 have had a picture taken of them icing biscuits and I have put that into a calendar to be laminated and under 3's have made a reindeer which I am laminating

crackers - to be done

cookies - to be made nearer the time

reindeer hats with noses - done

reindeer cards - done

the best time was had putting stencil paint on the paper to make wrapping paper

apart from that they do not want to do it.

georgie456
12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
We are doing our parents gifts next week.
We are making peppermint creams, chocolate truffles, small xmas biscuits and coconut snowman.
I have bought some small boxes from Asda in their jewellery section and will line them with tissue paper before filling them with the goodies!
I wonder how many I will have to taste test! :D

Willowdancer
14-12-2009, 10:10 AM
coconut snowman

Hi Georgie

Can you post the recipe for this one please?

Thanks!

Ali
x