PDA

View Full Version : Strange and silly thing a parent said?

miss muffit
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
What is the strangest or silliest thing a parent has said to you to why they can’t pick their child up on time?

My friend whos a childminder said today that one of her mums rang her 2 mins before she was due to collect her child and said sorry XXX i cant pick XXX up on time as its raining .... she said she could collect an hour later, never mind that the childminder had to collect children from school and walk in the rain, lol! Thing is when mum came an hour later it was still raining :laughing:

Mummits
08-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I had a mum say could I drop off her child as she couldn't fetch him. I asked why not and she said it was too far for her to walk. I wondered in that case why it wasn't too far for me to walk there and back with three other children in tow!

RedDragon
08-12-2009, 06:15 PM
The strangest thing a parent said to me was regarding this: A fellow Childminder is on my Register as my assistant (and I on hers). I had been looking after a child for about 6 months (2 children from the same family in fact). The parent knew both of us but had never been to my assistant's house but I assured her it was top notch - and had shown photos that I had taken in her house.

I told parent that if it was raining and I had a very long walk down a narrow busy road I would leave 1 of the children with my assistant.

Parent said to me "The thing is I'm not very happy - I hardly know you and I know (assistant) even less - and with the Madeleine McCann business (her words) you can't be too careful"

I then showed her the A4 sheet that she had signed to say we work together as assistants to each other.

OrlandoBelle
08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Lol. I haven't had this yet. What I do find strange though (and very VERY annoying) is the fact that my mindees mum walks from her house to her car which is parked right outside the front door on the pavement, she then drives 3 mins down the road to my house and gets out of the car on the pavement and walks up my paved path.... yet she STILL manages to walk mud into my hall and on my nice cream living room carpet! I'm sure she must trample on some flower beds before she gets in her car!

Thing is though she comments on it all the time..."Oh, look, i've brought mud in again... sorry" why won't she just take her ****** shoes off before she walks into my house??? :angry: I'm sure she does it on purpose to wind me up!

RedDragon
08-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Lol. I haven't had this yet. What I do find strange though (and very VERY annoying) is the fact that my mindees mum walks from her house to her car which is parked right outside the front door on the pavement, she then drives 3 mins down the road to my house and gets out of the car on the pavement and walks up my paved path.... yet she STILL manages to walk mud into my hall and on my nice cream living room carpet! I'm sure she must trample on some flower beds before she gets in her car!

Thing is though she comments on it all the time..."Oh, look, i've brought mud in again... sorry" why won't she just take her ****** shoes off before she walks into my house??? :angry: I'm sure she does it on purpose to wind me up!

I actually stand in front of the parents now until they take their shoes off - I have had enough.

The Juggler
08-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I had a mum say could I drop off her child as she couldn't fetch him. I asked why not and she said it was too far for her to walk. I wondered in that case why it wasn't too far for me to walk there and back with three other children in tow!

:eek: did you say that to her. well done if you did!

Bushpig
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
A parent brought in the usual - loads of leaves and mud... and a DEAD FLY!!! into my home the other day... I thought enough is enough and sent ALL parents a text reminding them re my *no shoes* policy for the health and safety of the children... who love to pop things in their mouths... has worked so far since then :thumbsup:

It beggars belief though... is a total lack of respect... to even notice the mess and continue to do so :eek:

Mummits
08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, I actually said I don't understand why you think it would not be as far for me to walk to you ... and it would take me much longer because I would have to bring all the children, not just yours. She didn't pursue it... To be fair I don't think she meant to be nasty, just has a tendency not to think things through.

sarah707
08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I had a phone call many years ago from a parent saying sorry her meeting at school was overrunning...

Just as a Tesco announcement came on in the background :laughing:

nikim
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I had a phone call many years ago from a parent saying sorry her meeting at school was overrunning...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
08-12-2009, 07:16 PM

what DID you say to her:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I hope she had the decency to admit it

miss muffit
08-12-2009, 07:35 PM

does she walk up the grass instead of your path? :eek:
i would stand at the door with 2 plastic bags and tell her to put um on her feet...maybe she will get the message ( only joking) but it is a good idea ha!

miss muffit
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM

miffy
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Hope you gave her your shopping list! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Zoemum2four
08-12-2009, 08:04 PM

OrlandoBelle
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
does she walk up the grass instead of your path? :eek:
i would stand at the door with 2 plastic bags and tell her to put um on her feet...maybe she will get the message ( only joking) but it is a good idea ha!

There isn't any grass anywhere near her house or mine. That's why I don't understand it.

She actually had the cheek to say to her toddler the other day "oh no, come back into the living room, don't go into the hall, it's all dirty out there" when SHE had just brought the mud in onto my nice clean shiney tiles which I had cleaned that morning. She made it sound like I had a dirty house, which I do not! She winds me up. All the other parents just leave the kids at the door and go, but she has to come in and say goodbye about 15 times, make mindee kiss her 10 times and drag it out. He's happily just playing but she won't let him go. :angry:

~Chelle~
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Christmas Eve a couple of years ago, I had arranged to finish at 1pm, which is ok because I only had the one mindee. Mum wasnt at work but was finishing off her xmas shopping, again, I did'nt mind.

Mum eventually turned up at 4.30pm and said that she was sorry but had lost track of time. She had a zip mark down the side of her face, the kind you get when you sleep on something and it leaves a mark behind, so obviously she had fallen asleep and forgot about her son :angry:

Mind you, this was the mum who disappeared to Spain to see her dad, who apparently was having a life saving operation. She got her friend to phone me to say that she had to go suddenly:rolleyes: Anyway when they got back her daughter was showing me her photographs from her time in Spain. There was a picture in there of her and her grandad on a rollercoaster ride in some theme park. I said to her "was grandad feeling better then" and she said that he was fine and looked at me in a puzzled way!

Mum later came in to pick the kids up and started crying saying that they wasnt sure her dad was going to make the year and asked me if I still had to pay her for the week that she went away - told her yes, sorry but you still have to pay. She stopped crying straight away and said "ok then, here is your money, come on kids we have to go"! :angry:

Mind you she also told me she had cancer and only found out cos she was pregnant. My husband and friend were in the next room whilst she told me and was she crying her eyes out. She told me that she would need a hysterectomy when she had the baby and that she would be taking a break from me when baby was born so that her kids could get to know their baby sister. Lo and behold she was in and out the same day and when I asked her about hysterectomy, she told me the hospital was going to wait until she was recovered and then do it.:rolleyes:

Anyway other stuff happened and I eventually gave her notice and she got all nasty with me on the phone so I asked her about her "cancer" and her exact words were "oh Chelle, you have such an imagination, who told you I had cancer" :eek: :eek: Er you did when you was sobbing your heart out in my kitchen!!!! Lying :censored:

She knew my grandad died of cancer as I do Race for Life every year - so was just playing on that fact for sympathy.

Really miss the kids, had them for 2 years and now they are not even allowed to talk to me anymore :(

Trouble
09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
sorry i forgot!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

cabby
09-12-2009, 02:34 PM
last week a mum was 30mins late picking her 2 lo's up, she said she had to pick her niece up from her childminder and thought she would get her first as the other childminder charged a late collection fee:eek: :eek: i just smiled and said oh right!!!!

her face was a picture the next day when i gave her a bill with MY late collection fee on it for BOTH her children!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

cuffleygirl
09-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I've had two today different mindees/parents

I was early (to drop off) because it was raining (she is going to be left on the doorstep again tomorrow - sorry but I hope it rains this time)

I was late to collect as I shopping for wife's Xmas present. :eek: