PDA

View Full Version : Just finished I.C.P course and i need some advice

suzysue
08-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi today i finshed my I.C.P course and i'm doing my multiple choice exam next week, However i've just found out i am pregnant, i still want to child mind but not until i've had the baby, is there a way to delay registration ?
My worries are that i won't be registered till around april and the baby is due in july, i don't want to mess parents and children around by saying yes i can care for them but only until july (as i'm wanting to take 3 months off)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm stressing big time !
Thanks suzy

caz3007
08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
How about getting registered, but not looking to start minding until your maternity leave is up. After all then you would be all ready to go as soon as you want

chels55
08-12-2009, 04:43 PM
How about getting registered, but not looking to start minding until your maternity leave is up. After all then you would be all ready to go as soon as you want

As above, thats what i would do

suzysue
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
yes i thought about that, would ofsted still visit even tho i wasn't taking kids till later on !

Minstrel
09-12-2009, 07:25 PM
yes i thought about that, would ofsted still visit even tho i wasn't taking kids till later on !

YOu'll have your pre-reg visit as part of your registration and then your first graing inspection will be delayed until you have mindees.

hth

charliegee
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM
I'd agree and continue to register now - you can then enjoy mat leave and know that all registration process is finished and you have your certificate to start working when you feel ready

Congrats on finishing your course too x