PDA

View Full Version : My inspection

emmadibbs
07-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Hiya

Well I am new but thought I'd write about my experience anyway!

Got my inspection report through today and am grinning ear to ear. The report seems really thorough and that is probably to do with the fact that my inspector was being inspected by the QA woman during my inspection :)

Anyway, when I spoke to the woman before she came she asked if any of my parents would call and speak to her with their comments. They did and she asked them about how I communicated with them, if they felt involved in their child's development and learning and if they knew what to do if they had a complaint. She was really pleased with the amount of calls she received from my parents so worth trying to get yours to call Ofsted.

I spent ages doing the SEF but I notice alot of her report comes from examples I gave in that so, again, worth doing. Give examples of when you have demonstrated what they are talking about.

She loved my website which links to all my policies and procedures and has info for parents.

Alot of the inspection was about relationships with parents and she made comment on the day book, questionaire, my blackboard with the weeks menu and liked that I e-mailed EYFS obs to the parents and shared with the school.

I had a Hungry Caterpillar story sack from the toy library suring the inspection and both the inspectors raved about this....they could not get enough of it!! One of the children I mind has a French Dad so I related some of the words in French as well as English which, again, went down well.

She loved seeing the children wiping their hands off before lunch and helping wipe down the table and commented on the discussion at the table relating to colour, shape, use of cutlery, healthy foods, etc (2 x nearly 2 year olds and 10 months)

She loved my planning which I got from the BCMA site and commented on how well it differentiates each activity for individuals.

Well I could go on for ages cos there is soooo much in the report!!!!

She assessed me as Outstanding in al the areas so needless to say I was more than happy!!! :thumbsup:

sarah707
07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Congratulations on the outcome of your inspection! :clapping:

Thank you for sharing the feedback :D

Blaze
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Congratulations & thank you for sharing.:)

Twinkles
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
That's fantastic , good information. Well done on your grading :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
07-12-2009, 10:20 PM
That is brilliant - well done:clapping:

Thank you for sharing, its very interesting reading:thumbsup:

angeldelight
08-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks for sharing Emma

Congratulations to you

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

mayberry
08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Congratulations to you

Dawn x

doodles
08-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Congratulations, Thats Fantastic!! Hope your doing something nice to celebrate :clapping:

Cazz
09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Wow!! Congratulations and well done :clapping:

Thanks for the tips as well!

Zoomie
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Congratulations and Well Done

:)

charleyfarley
09-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Congratulations on getting OUTSTANDING :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Carol xx

Tam's Tribe
09-12-2009, 06:52 AM
WOW, that is fantastic!!! . . . thanks for the feedback, my 1st inspection is looming.

Ripeberry
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Well done and thanks for all the tips. Giving examples in the SEF is a great idea!
:thumbsup:

emmadibbs
10-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Thank you all. My parents have got a copy of the report and have been lovely as always, cards and bottles of bubby...lovely!! :clapping:

mrs c
10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Congratulations. Its nice the parents have helped you celebrate!

emmadibbs
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah. Another bottle of wine tonight! I am lucky to have such nice parents really!!

It's nice to speak to you guys about it because childminders I know are not genuinely pleased for me...lots of jealousy.

Silly really because when someone told me they got outstanding I asked for tips, I didn't get upset LOL :eek:

francinejayne
15-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Well done - have lots of fun celebrating!
xx

estrelas
17-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Congrats
Thats Fabby x

jackie_5
04-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Hiya

Well I am new but thought I'd write about my experience anyway!

Got my inspection report through today and am grinning ear to ear. The report seems really thorough and that is probably to do with the fact that my inspector was being inspected by the QA woman during my inspection :)

Anyway, when I spoke to the woman before she came she asked if any of my parents would call and speak to her with their comments. They did and she asked them about how I communicated with them, if they felt involved in their child's development and learning and if they knew what to do if they had a complaint. She was really pleased with the amount of calls she received from my parents so worth trying to get yours to call Ofsted.

I spent ages doing the SEF but I notice alot of her report comes from examples I gave in that so, again, worth doing. Give examples of when you have demonstrated what they are talking about.

She loved my website which links to all my policies and procedures and has info for parents.

Alot of the inspection was about relationships with parents and she made comment on the day book, questionaire, my blackboard with the weeks menu and liked that I e-mailed EYFS obs to the parents and shared with the school.

I had a Hungry Caterpillar story sack from the toy library suring the inspection and both the inspectors raved about this....they could not get enough of it!! One of the children I mind has a French Dad so I related some of the words in French as well as English which, again, went down well.

She loved seeing the children wiping their hands off before lunch and helping wipe down the table and commented on the discussion at the table relating to colour, shape, use of cutlery, healthy foods, etc (2 x nearly 2 year olds and 10 months)

She loved my planning which I got from the BCMA site and commented on how well it differentiates each activity for individuals.

Well I could go on for ages cos there is soooo much in the report!!!!

She assessed me as Outstanding in al the areas so needless to say I was more than happy!!! :thumbsup:

Well done for your grade of outstanding - I had a call from my ofsted inspector 3 weeks before christmans, hence she didn't turn up, and called the day before the kids broke up from school, to see if i was working the following week, which I wasn't, hence I am now waiting for that follow up call, but she didn't mention for parents to ring with comments, thats a great tip to know.... thanks