PDA

View Full Version : Leaving present suggestions

clorogue
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Anyone any ideas for 3 special who are leaving at Christmas. One I have had for 2 years (girl) who is 4. Thought a little cute necklace.

The others are two brothers aged 3 and 14 months.

I'd like to buy them a keepsake, but open to absolutely any suggestions. The parents have been absolutely fantastic and I would say we will be friends for life!

Did think of having a picture of their time here put on a mug?

Value anything!

Clorogue

The Juggler
07-12-2009, 09:43 PM
how about a photo of all the children (and you) togehter that you can pop in a clip frame or on the mug like you said.

or if 3 year old off to nursery maybe a little holdall, lunchbox, spare wellies for nursery to leave there, or drinks cup.

Little one, just something they are into?

PixiePetal
07-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I usually do a mini photo album of them, my family, dog, house, other mindees (permission given) things we did, places we went to - a nice memory. Also a small toy, something they like at my house :)

wyetots
08-12-2009, 08:53 AM
For all the children leaving, I do a collage on Picassa of all of the fun times they we have had and laminated it as a free but invaluable gift. I then purchase a book and have 'This book belongs to' stickers for the inside cover - just my take on it!

SmartKids
08-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I do a cd of all the photos I have taken during their time with me - get permission from other parents also buy cds you cant copy from - also their learning journey goes with them and like you a little keepsake - always find boys difficult though.

grindal
08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
You could make a jigsaw from a laminated picture of them with you. I know there are various companies that do this for you aswell - but I am a bit of a cheapie so just make them myself!

mama2three
08-12-2009, 02:06 PM
how about a little gardening kit? and some bulbs for them to plant with it , , so every year when the bulbs come through they will be reminded of you?

beccas
08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
i gave one of my leavers a photo of everyone togther and i also let all the other children decorate it both mum and child loved it.

venus89
08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
It's only a little thing but at my kids' preschool they all got given a Mr Men book where the Mr Man (or Little Miss) suited their personality, signed by all the staff..... the kids (now 7 & 9) still love them

TheBTeam
08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I have had mini photo albums done with photos of the childrens time here, but now because I am putting more photos into the learning journey I dont have so many kept on my computer.

I think a nice book with something written in is also a nice idea.

I have given a girl who went off to senior school a keyring and mobile phone charm and other bits in her birth stone, bit grown up for yours though so no help!

clorogue
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Thank you so much - loads of food for thought and I appreciate it!