PDA

View Full Version : Grrr Baker Ross

Pudding Girl
07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Not impressed with the things I I got from Baker Ross.

Bought air drying clay to make xmas gifts for parents and it's that sticky it's very very hard to use it, we were trying to do gingerbread cutters and it just sticks and lifts off witht he cutter. pants. going to do microwave saltdough instead now.

Also bought this, http://www.bakerross.co.uk/product-Handmade-Candle-Kit-E846.htm sheets of candle wax that apparently are mouldable with the heat of your hand. they aren't. they break into lots of little pieces.

:(

wendywu
07-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Send them back and get a refund as they are not fit for the puprose for which they are sold. Thats your statutory rights. They will also have to refund any postage. :thumbsup:

miffy
07-12-2009, 11:12 AM
E-mail them and complain, it's much quicker and I doubt they will want you to return the items anyway.

There was something missing from my order so I e-mailed, got a reply within an hour and replacement product a few days later - pretty impressive!

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Thats a shame:(
I used the Model Magic from Baker Ross, have made loads of Chrimbo decoations, works well with cutters too.

Send it all back and get a refund. What a terrible dissapointment, good luck with the salt doh:thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 12:10 PM
o rdered the glitter letters thinks there 1200 altogether on sheets that you pop the letters out of and they smell horrendous, i cant begin to describe the smell its like a cross between glue fumes and marker pen fumes iyswim , very intoxicating i would think if you used them for more than 10 mins, i wont let the children use them and have popped the letters out my self when they have needed them , even hubby asked me if someone had had some drugs in the house as they were sooo potent :eek:

do you think i should complain ? what would i say though x

loocyloo
07-12-2009, 12:37 PM
phone them.

a couple of years ago, i had an express order that arrived and some of the order was wrong, and other items were not as described. i rang them, and they immediately sent me out replacement/correct items, and paid the postage costs of returning everything. really helpful on the phone.

madasahatter
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I've used the hand mouldable wax candle kit before and found that they were best if left on a very warm radiator for a while rather than relying on hand heat alone (could put them on a hot water bottle or similar?)
Having said that if you don't think the goods are fit for purpose I would complain and ask to return them for a refund.

ChocolateChip
07-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I had the candle kit last year aswell but didn't have any problems with it- apart from that they liked it so much it was a very expensive activity as they more or less used it all in one go!
Perhaps it was a dud batch, definitely ring them and see what they say, they're normally pretty good, I find.

carlen222
07-12-2009, 06:52 PM
i bought the snow globes from baker ross a couple months back for making xmas prezzies for mum and dad and never thought to check them, got them out last night and theres big dods of glue smeared over 3 of the globes!!!!! also id purchased the musical inserts to make christmas cards, i put on in last night and i dont know what the heck was wrong but the tune sounded fine then played random well out notes here and there!!!! that one went straight in the bin, so far the 5 ive used have been ok but dont know about the rest!!!!!