PDA

View Full Version : Ok.... so i'm pregnant!

sazzles
06-12-2009, 10:18 PM
ok,

so i found out i'm pregnant a few weeks ago and both myself and my partner are thrilled, it's something we'v wanted for a while now. :)

1 or 2 of my mindee parents have asked in the past if we would like more kiddies but its something we'v always brushed of...........

the problem i'm facing is that i'v just started 2 new contracts (sep 09 & jan 10) and i'm really starting to think WHEN is the best time to tell them? And how??

I really dont want to lose any of them and only plan on taking a fews weeks off, also thinking about registering my partner as my assistant as he got made redundant in sep.

Adviced needed pleeeeeease xxxxxxx

jelly15
06-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry no advice as am new CM but CONGRATULATIONS:clapping:

little miss chatterbox
06-12-2009, 10:34 PM
sorry i don't have any advice but just wanted to send you my congratualtions!!!!!!

LittleStar's
06-12-2009, 10:41 PM
me too, congratulations! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

tulip0803
06-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Congratulations:clapping:

It is a personal decision - you took the contracts on without knowing that you were pregnant. I did not tell anyone I was expecting until I was 12 weeks but people had been guessing and asking from 4 weeks cos I just sort of popped out at the front immediately:rolleyes: .

When I told the parents I helped them find spaces with local minders and said that the choice was theirs to come back or stay with new minders as I was planning to have a few months off, in the end we decided to move too so they stayed with their new minders.

charliegee
07-12-2009, 12:43 AM
ok,

so i found out i'm pregnant a few weeks ago and both myself and my partner are thrilled, it's something we'v wanted for a while now. :)

1 or 2 of my mindee parents have asked in the past if we would like more kiddies but its something we'v always brushed of...........

the problem i'm facing is that i'v just started 2 new contracts (sep 09 & jan 10) and i'm really starting to think WHEN is the best time to tell them? And how??

I really dont want to lose any of them and only plan on taking a fews weeks off, also thinking about registering my partner as my assistant as he got made redundant in sep.

Adviced needed pleeeeeease xxxxxxx

Ah wow what fantastic news for you!! congratulations!! :jump for joy:

I think good advise already given and if it were me or if we are lucky enough to have another baby then I would wait untill at least 12 weeks personally and then discuss with the families (When I was pregnant and working in an office this is what I did with clients)

I think when you do tell the families you can outline just as you've said to us that you don't want to lose any of them and only plan on taking a few weeks off and might register your husband as your assistant.

Speaking as a mum I wouldn't want to lose a childminder for the sake of a few weeks and if there was anyway that I could - perhaps using family / temporary childminder then I'd be happy to wait. Perhaps this would be an option for your families?

Funny...hubby and I were only talking a while ago about how if we had another be good to reg him as an assistant as then we could both work at home with the kids

Men only get 1 or 2 weeks paternity leave don't they? - they were talking a while ago about making it that you could split the leave between the man and woman (if you are employed).....sorry I'm going off the subject!!!!

ahhh congrats hun, you and your family must be over the moon!

x

X

pinklady
07-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Nothing to add just..

Congratulations!!!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
07-12-2009, 09:32 AM
CONGRATULATIONS :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Congratulations xxx

The Juggler
07-12-2009, 01:40 PM
congratulations! my CM had two children within 11 months one in October, 2003, then Sep 2004:eek: . She also had my dd and ds. My ds was rising 5 when number 2 arrived so she was within her numbers. Are you able to keep them both?

I would tell as soon as you are ready to tell everyone you would normally tell. If you're only planning a few weeks off (what my CM did) I don't think they will have many problems or change their minds.

Spangles
07-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Congratulations!!!

Jemima77
07-12-2009, 02:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! XX

madasahatter
07-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Like others I would wait until you've reached the 12 week mark. If you only plan to take a short time off then it could be a good plan to get your DH registered as your assistant if that is what he wants. He could speak to his employer about the possibility of adding some of his holiday to his paternity leave to give him at least a month with you at home helping you with both your new LO and your mindees, thereby covering most of what maternity leave you might have considered taking

mozarella
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
first of all congratulations !!!

For the contract wich started already sept I wouldnt say anything until you really feel the need ( eg maybe 12 weeks scan etc ) it is what I did for the children that were already in my care, for the other one i told them the situation as i want to take 6 months off and didnt find it would be fair for a mindee to settle with me and then having to settle with someone else

Since you are planning to take only a few weeks then i dont see an issue as it could be like you going on holiday

Good luck

Moz