PDA

View Full Version : Grrr No Show!!!

helenlc
06-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Was due to have parents come at 4pm today for a LO 2 days from Feb then 4 days from March. With 2 leaving at Xmas I desperately need more mindees.

Anyway, they didnt show up!!!:angry: No phone call, text or anything. My husband had taken my 2 out so I could have peace and quiet and concentrate on my meeting with them. I had all my paperwork ready (even going to Tesco this morning to get more printer paper), house tidy and selection of toys out.

I tried phoning the dad on the number he gave me but it just rang and rang.:angry:

Am so angry and upset - it's my weekend and it's precious to me, i already feel like I blink and its gone. Well thats it - I shall not be doing meetings at weekends anymore. People will have to like it or lump it. If they work and cannot do during the day, they can come early evening - I work til 6 most nights anyway so dont mind them coming up til about 7. They will have to like it or lump it!!!:p

Just hope some more come my way soon - and sorry for wasting your good vibes - they must have taken a wrong turn somewhere!!!:laughing: :laughing:

caz3007
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
What a shame these parents couldnt give you the courtesy of a call. I had a lady ring up and book an appointment, then she rang the day before to say she had found someone nearer to her work, I was a bit out of the way, so fully understand and a little courtesy goes a long way.

Hope you get some new mindies soon

nannymcflea
06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
How blooming annoying.

Lets hope that they have the decency to appologise OR ring again and book if something turned up unexpectedly.

Hope you fill that space soon, good luck.:thumbsup:

little miss chatterbox
06-12-2009, 05:41 PM
that's just rude! Am so sorry they let you down and wasted your weekend.

I've had two recently not bother to call backto let me know they'd found someone else but at least they had the decency to meet with me in the first place.

Hope something comes your way soon - I know how worrying it is when people leave.

patevans
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
This is why I dont book meetings at weekends anymore, they take enough of my time up as it is and then you book at weekends and they dont turn up....grrrrr!!

Hope you fill your spaces soon x

miffy
06-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry the good luck vibes didn't work :(

Hope something else comes up soon

Miffy xx

Bushpig
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
This is exactly why I do not see prospective parents on a weekend any more... I only see them on a week day, in the hour after my last contracted mindee... for an hour max. It's just too disruptive.

I really hope you have another call soon xxx

dobby
06-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh Helenlc how blooming rude!! I am so :angry: on your behalf especially when you have gone out of your way to see them at a weekend.

I am in a similiar position, having had the same children for a long time then due to starting schools i dont collect from and family changes I have 2 current and after christmas 3 vacancies :eek: Am in the process of signing up 2 new families, one has been no trouble, happy to pay retainer till start etc, the other constant questioning of terms, having to change things around and querying costings - most recently phones just before school run to query stuff, i ask them to confirm what we agreed in an e.mail ready for monday and here we are sunday night still waiting to hear :mad: I am trying to stay open minded but have a feeling in me bones about that one.....

Sorry hijacking thread. Hope they either have a very good reason and are very apologetic or some good uns come soon to replace them. x

tulip0803
06-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Very rude.

I hope you & dobby find new ones soon.

Heaven Scent
06-12-2009, 10:56 PM
The worst family I had for this and being really bad and inconsiderate parents was an ex-childminder and her husband - I just couldn't understand it and having disappeared after my holiday in Aug they came crawling out of the wood work again looking for care for their son I just don't want anything to do with them ever again. Actually another of my 3 bad families had a mum who had done the ICP and she just cribbed about every penny and milked me for all she could - I just don't understand these people. I hate it when people don't turn up it is so very rude - a phone call or text costs very little.

Good luck with the next lot who call. I was where you are this time last year and know what its like.

charliegee
07-12-2009, 12:30 AM
ah that is just so rude!!! :mad:

Honestly, I can't believe the rudeness of some people - weekends are just too precious and you'd think people would even text or something.

think your plans of next time only doing evenings are the best plan.

sending you a hug and a virtual chocolate bar over the internet!

x

Mollymop
07-12-2009, 09:59 AM
It's very rude isn't it.

I have one parent do this to me in the past.

I used to meet parents at weekends but I have stopped now because I feel like I am working a weekend if I have them round as they are usually here for a good 2 hours. So meet them in the late afternoons, weekdays on days when I don't have many children after the school run.

helenlc
07-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I am still quite :censored: off tbh but shall move on. Lol

Will phone up the FIS later as not sure when I last advertised vacancies and have moved my ad up on my local netmums.

The Juggler
07-12-2009, 01:35 PM
that's so annoying. a phone call is such a small thing to do, no effort required. parents don't understand that we'd rather have a call saying they don't need us/changed their mind than to be left in the lurch!

sorry hon. fingers crossed for you.

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2009, 04:14 PM
hope the phone rings soon Helen x

a courtesy text, call to say they arent coming or changed their mind doesnt cost much does it , so sorry for you xxx

helenlc
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I dont mind being told they have found someone else or are no longer looking for childcare.

But just to KNOW would have been nice!!!

Thanks again for your kind words and support:thumbsup:

mama2three
07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
sending more of those vibes your way. maybe this is a blessing , they dont sound like the kind of parents you'd want to work with if they havent even got the courtesy to ring you. Good Luck , hope the phone rings soon x

Tatjana
07-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Sorry to hear this, it happens all too often:angry:

If that's the sort of people they are you're probably better off without them anyway!

Fingers crossed something else comes along asap:thumbsup:

xx

janminder
07-12-2009, 06:26 PM
How rude of them not to let you know. Sorry our good vibes didnt work.

flora
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
How annoying Helen,

hope some fab mindees come in Santa's sack for you.

Sending good vibes for a next time :thumbsup:

lovemyprams
07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Some parents are so rude arent they! I only have parents round in the week while I am working and never at a weekend.

Im sure you will find some new mindees soon. Fingers crossed.:thumbsup: