PDA

View Full Version : hols and no car what do you think

mushpea
06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
ok as per my other posts i now have no 7 seater car for the hols so got 6 kids and cant drive them anywhere. town is 1 mile away and the local woods are half a mile away so heres the plan
monday - walk to woods collect leaves and twigs, dry them out on radiators then paint and decorate them and stick them in somthing so they are a table decoraton, what to put them in though, thought of oasis but think its gonna be to light and therefore they will tip over so suggestions for this please.

tuesday -can use the car this day as only one other mindee

wednesday -- walk to town, feed the ducks, go to libary, bag of chips on way home then crafts for the afternoon,

does this sound ok?, really like to take them out in the mornings or all day if poss as OH works nights and has to try and sleep through it all!

Hebs
06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
sounds perfect to me :thumbsup:

we walk to the local indoor soft play and thats 3 miles each way :D

helenlc
06-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Sounds great fun to me. The kids will probably enjoy cos it's different from when you use the car. When I had too many kids for the car in the summer, we went on the bus and the kids loved it.

You could stick twigs and that into salt dough/clay? You can flatten the bottom so it sits perfectly on the table. Remember to sprinkle lots of glitter on too!!!

charliegee
06-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Sounds great fun to me. The kids will probably enjoy cos it's different from when you use the car. When I had too many kids for the car in the summer, we went on the bus and the kids loved it.

You could stick twigs and that into salt dough/clay? You can flatten the bottom so it sits perfectly on the table. Remember to sprinkle lots of glitter on too!!!

ah yes, that's a great idea with salt dough! - plus glitter will make it all christmassy too!

or make them into christmas decorations (hense edit as thought of that after I posted!)

x

madasahatter
06-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Or you could put the salt dough into some plastic flower pots, decorate the outside with tinsel, glitter etc

mushpea
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
didnt think of salt dough, thats great thanks, went to the local pound shop today and got lots of glitter and also some gold and silver sparkly paint, was going to get spray cans but could see everything else getting covered too, its bad enough with glitter this time of year cause the dog ususaly stands in the stuff that goes on the floor and spreads it everywhere and the kitten sits under the table and so gets covered:panic: i love chri:laughing: stmas