PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Safeguarding Children

Pauline
06-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Thought I would add this in case they interested anyone:

Introduction to safeguarding children (http://ukvirtual-college.co.uk/node/645/150872?A=469&B=27&SubAffiliateID=IntSafOnlC%22%20Target=%22_blank%22 )

Hebs
23-05-2010, 02:31 PM
:clapping:

thanks just completed this this afternoon, with a 100% pass rate :clapping:

Pauline
23-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Well done you! 100% :clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

sandy64
23-05-2010, 05:39 PM
hi can we do this certificate instead of going on safeguarding course will ofsted except this? as mine runs out in jan and may not get on our local course by then.

Pauline
23-05-2010, 07:29 PM
hi can we do this certificate instead of going on safeguarding course will ofsted except this? as mine runs out in jan and may not get on our local course by then.

Mine was accepted, the inspector said it was a good way to do it :thumbsup:

Hebs
23-05-2010, 07:39 PM
i haven't been offered any safeguarding training so done thins, better than nothing :thumbsup:

v 1461
03-06-2010, 08:44 PM
hello,

I did a child protection course 3 years ago . I would like to do one from this online courses but don't know which one. There have quite a few courses about safeguarding . Which one is best for childminder and recognised by ofsted??????
thank you
v

Pauline
03-06-2010, 09:23 PM
hello,

I did a child protection course 3 years ago . I would like to do one from this online courses but don't know which one. There have quite a few courses about safeguarding . Which one is best for childminder and recognised by ofsted??????
thank you
v

The refresher course would probably be best for you, the one I did was accepted by Ofsted.

See here for the refresher course (http://ukvirtual-college.co.uk/node/645/150849?A=469&B=27&SubAffiliateID=SafRefOnlC%22%20Target=%22_blank%22 )

SamBaker
29-07-2010, 07:19 AM
I have just covered safeguarding in DHC1 course, do I still need to do a seperate safeguarding course?

Pauline
29-07-2010, 07:29 AM
I have just covered safeguarding in DHC1 course, do I still need to do a seperate safeguarding course?

Depends on how indepth it was, if it covered how to spot abuse, the different types of abuse, how to listen/note, confidentiallity (to name a few) then I would think it would be ok.

Depends also if you would like a specific certificate to say you have done Safeguarding training.

You could perhaps do one in the future to show personal development and training.

sarah707
29-07-2010, 08:15 AM

According to my local bods, yes you must do another safeguarding course.

I live in East Cheshire and they advise all new childminders that the ICP course is just a starting point for safeguarding information.

Hth :D

karensmart4
29-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I have just completed the Somerset Safeguarding and Child Abuse Course, but my assistant couldn't get on it and her last one has expired so she has done the one on here, I thought as she's an assistant and not a reg cm it would be fine, but i'm sure that Ofsted would be looking at cm's in our area to do the Somerset one. I suggest you ask your cm support officer for their opinion.
I just have to do a 6hr refresher every 2 yrs now :laughing:

Pauline
29-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I have just completed the Somerset Safeguarding and Child Abuse Course, but my assistant couldn't get on it and her last one has expired so she has done the one on here, I thought as she's an assistant and not a reg cm it would be fine, but i'm sure that Ofsted would be looking at cm's in our area to do the Somerset one. I suggest you ask your cm support officer for their opinion.
I just have to do a 6hr refresher every 2 yrs now :laughing:

I don't think Ofsted are really bothered where you do it, so long as it is done. :)

SamBaker
29-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Thank you for the advice, I will defently look in to it I think,to be on the safe side.

trace
04-04-2012, 10:49 AM
does anyone know if this course (and others by uk virtual college) are ok for childminders in wales too.. do they cover our NMS and are CSSIW ok with them.. thanks