PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Cupboard Locks

Carpet Monkeys
06-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Morning All

I found these (https://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Magnetic-Lock-Starter-Set_20962/) last week while shopping in Boots - they are just the job! So anyone pre-reg looking for locks, highly recommend these!

charliegee
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
ah thanks for those

I never would have thought of boots for safety stuff before I registered - but have to say then often have things which are cheaper than mothercare and also have some good general locks for things such as cupboards / fridges which are cheaper for def than mothercare

PixiePetal
06-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I have had these type of locks since I registered 15 years ago. The finger ones didn't fit where I had my washing machine next to the undersink cupboard.

DO NOT LEAVE THE KEY IN A CUPBOARD BY MISTAKE !:eek:

Worth having a spare key up high somewhere for emergencies. Mine stuck to various tins over the years, put tins away and wondered where the key was :blush: Always had a spare, luckily :thumbsup:

Dottilicious
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
I have these and there great, I did buy a spare magnet tho just in case I lose one. :blush:

singlewiththree
06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I managed to lose my magnet the first week of fitting it. Now its stuck to the inside of the cutlery drawer

PixiePetal
06-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I melted one of mine cos it stuck to a baking tray which I then put in the oven :blush:

LittleMissSparkles
06-12-2009, 08:50 PM
they are really good but you must line them up properly to work right and as Pixie says put a spare one out of reach and dont leave in the cupboard when you close it ! x

bibi571
07-12-2009, 01:56 AM
I've got the mothercare ones - easy to fit though and boy are they fab! The best locks i've ever had.

Totally recommended.

B x :littleangel:

emmadines
07-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I have them too, they're great!! you cant see them which when we put in out new kitchen was a must,bump to 3 website sell them too, also sell spare mangnet keys.

xx

Louise_Oaktree
07-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I melted one of mine cos it stuck to a baking tray which I then put in the oven :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I still have these in the packet - mine say you have to drill the cupboard doors :eek: which sounded a bit scary coz I like my cupboards :panic:

Might get them out and have a read - my current ones keep snapping and then they really hurt when you catch yourself on them whilst getting stuff out of the cupboard :(

lovemyprams
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Thank you - these look good.

Off to Boots at the weekend!!!!:)

Chell
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
www.whatlock.com sell them too, mine are this brand but came from Howdens. Our kitchen fitter got them for us.