PDA

View Full Version : Think i have done it wrong

Straws
05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi all the other week a lady came to see me about looking after her child just the odd day here and there during the school holidays, I agreed i would be able to as long as i had a free space and i could not guarantee her a permanant place for all holidays. She just phoned me and given me 4 dates over the next few weeks when she will need me, I told her i will be able to do these dates and i would need her to fill out a child information form the contact details, permission forms ect. she said she would drop in when passing and asked for my ofsted number which i gave her over the phone:blush: My mate who also a childminder said i shouldnt have done this as they might just be after my number for child tax credits and have no intention of using me, not even got the womans address just a phone number. Do the tax office ever check up, and if it was that she was just after my ofsted number how do i prove i never looked after the child

Banana
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Is she doesnt get back in touch then what I would do is call tax credits and notify them of what happened and then if anyone has put in a claim against your registration then they will be able to stop it.

Here's hoping she is back in touch soon though

xx

sarah707
05-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Hopefully she will be back in touch and come and sign the forms... she gave you some dates which I would take to mean she's committed to sending the child to you, so you couldn't have done anything else really, could you?

Fingers crossed it works out :D

ma7ie
05-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree with Banana.

Hope you hear something.

Blaze
05-03-2008, 05:05 PM
As above!
Tasha:)

miss muffit
05-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi I would phone the tax credit office and explain...
could i just tell you that a parent can get hold of your ofsted number by going on the web site and putting your postcode in and they can read your ofsted report spoooky ay they know more about us than we think.
:panic: :eek:

ajs
05-03-2008, 05:28 PM
yes she also may be claiming for more hours and only using you for minimum i would call them or write as soon as possible to be sure that she isn't defrauding them
also try not to give out your reg number unless you are happy that the contract will be taken up
i've done it and got caught so i am speaking from experience too

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I agree with everyone else

Hope you get it sorted

Angel xx

deeb66
09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Have you heard anything back yet.

Hope you manage to get it all sorted!