PDA

View Full Version : NCMA/MORTON MICHAEL????

sfox2003
04-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Im very confused. I will shortley be registered & I dont know who to go with. The cost doesnt matter as my LA offer a bursary to cover it.

I was going to go MM because I heard that they offer instant payback on any loss of earnings if there was ever a payment dispute. But I spoke to another CM & she said ofsted prefer you to go with NCMA.

MM Ive heard is a simpler set of paperwork but thats ok because Im very good at doing my own documents etc.

Aaaahhhh what to do??? I have no idea.

Who are you with & how did you decide?

Thank You

AliceK
04-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Im very confused. I will shortley be registered & I dont know who to go with. The cost doesnt matter as my LA offer a bursary to cover it.

I was going to go MM because I heard that they offer instant payback on any loss of earnings if there was ever a payment dispute. But I spoke to another CM & she said ofsted prefer you to go with NCMA.
MM Ive heard is a simpler set of paperwork but thats ok because Im very good at doing my own documents etc.

Aaaahhhh what to do??? I have no idea.

Who are you with & how did you decide?

Thank You

Hi
I've not heard of this???
I decided to go with MM as I know a lot of CM's were going to MM rather than renewing with NCMA. I spoke to a CM friend of mine and she said she was also swapping to MM. Although I have only had to use them for buying paperwork at the moment they have been great. REALLY quick delivery.

xxxx

Lady Haha
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I am considering renewing with MM because like you I have heard good things about them. However, alot of my childminder discounts for days out etc depend on my showing my NCMA card as proof of my being a childminder. They just seem to be 'bigger' and more widely known. I save a hell of a lot on my discounts!

Kelly
06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
NCMA for me, been with them for 9 years now. I do have insurance with MM though.

Pudding Girl
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM
You could join the NCMA but take insurance from MM if you like.

I was with SCMA but jsut switched to MM and am v impressed so far.

miffy
06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
You could join the NCMA but take insurance from MM if you like.

Is MM's insurance cheaper than NCMA?

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
06-12-2009, 09:39 PM
no idea am in Scotland :)

The Juggler
07-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Is MM's insurance cheaper than NCMA?

Miffy xx

No, NCMA is cheaper.

Straws
07-12-2009, 01:51 PM
As long as your are insured don't matter who you go with its nowt to do with Ofsted who you chose. I use my own paperwork and have insurance with MM

Straws xx

sfox2003
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
By your own paperwork do you mean contracts? Is that ok to do?

thanks.

Heaven Scent
07-12-2009, 06:11 PM
I am a member of NCMA but am insured with MM because MM allow you to use their/your own/NCMA paperwork - contracts etc and they will still provide legal aid - with NCMA you can only use their Legal aid if you use their paperwork. I now create my own so use MM.