PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Group Christmas Party

terrydoo73
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I was in charge of a Toddler Group up to June this year but had to hand it over to someone else because of playgroup runs, childrens naps etc meant I couldn't get but now the children are older I am able to go and one little girl I look after is in for extended play time at her nursery ...

I went this week and realised that the people in charge of the toddler group will be holding a party 2 weeks time (that is Tuesday week) but they haven't really considered what to give the children by way of gifts. We would normally have bought bits and bobs and made up party bags but they were bought through internet and usually took over 1 week to arrive.

I would like to do something to help the Group out by way of providing the gifts but am at a loss of what to buy. I was thinking of books but it is getting something cheap enough - there are at least 30 children to consider and they are all under 3 years of age.

Has anyone any suggestions?

madasahatter
04-12-2009, 12:17 PM
There was a thread the other day about 49p books at the Works if you've got one nearby. Poundstretcher also usually do a range of children's books for about £1. What is your budget per child?

avril
04-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I help run a toddler group and we ordered books from the book people we got one set 10 for £10 and another set 20 for £10. They are lovely books so do have a look.

TheBTeam
04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Can you go to somewhere like wilkinsons and get a small colouring book and some crayons, these are not expensive, or they also sell boxes of small books with about 6 little books in, these could be separated out and give the child one or two each depending on your budget.

Chell
04-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I know the lady who runs www.funkdorypartybags.co.uk - she sometimes uses a courier for deliveries so might be able to get bags out to you in time.

Mouse
04-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I help run a toddler group and we ordered books from the book people we got one set 10 for £10 and another set 20 for £10. They are lovely books so do have a look.

That's where we've got ours from. We got 2 lots of the 20 books for £10, so spent £20 on 40 books. Delivery is usually pretty fast too.

mabel
04-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I buy our from the book people online
fast delivery too, a week,

miffy
04-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I'd try either the Works, Home Bargains or the Pound shop and see what they've got.

Miffy xx

mama2three
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
our toddler group xmas party is on the 18th. parents are asked to supply their childs present up to £5 value which are then put in santas sack for his visit. he also gives them a carrot for rudolph !!

flora
04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
That's where we've got ours from. We got 2 lots of the 20 books for £10, so spent £20 on 40 books. Delivery is usually pretty fast too.

Snap :clapping: :clapping:

ChocolateChip
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Try www.thebookpeople.co.uk

They have some lovely sets of books that work out less than a pound each, our PTA do the Father Christmas gifts this way and it's always well recieved, and they are fairly quick at delivery, it's free if you spend £25 (which I do every time!.)

Sorry, just realised this has already been posted, but still recommend them highly!

caz3007
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
our toddler group xmas party is on the 18th. parents are asked to supply their childs present up to £5 value which are then put in santas sack for his visit. he also gives them a carrot for rudolph !!

Our toddler party is this Tuesday, the last one this year too. They have been doing the same, the parents supply the pressie. I have been going for 6 years and its worked so far. I only take one mindie to toddlers and I have requested his mum supply something for me to take.

terrydoo73
08-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Well I attended my toddler group today and decided not to bother helping to buy or buying on behalf of the group. Reason being I am a bit miffed.

I was informed that one of the childminders husbands would be dressing up as Santa and I knew immediately that there would be objections to this myself included. My children just go into hysterics when they see Santa and we had this problem a couple of years ago in the toddler group with so many parents objecting we decided not to ever go down this way again - never mind they have to be checked before performing the duty!! Then I asked what Santa would be giving out ie presents and was told - just sweets!!

I personally felt my feelings as a previous chairperson were not being considered and this coupled with a few other things said to me made me feel unwelcome in attending in the future!

sweets
08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Well I attended my toddler group today and decided not to bother helping to buy or buying on behalf of the group. Reason being I am a bit miffed.

I was informed that one of the childminders husbands would be dressing up as Santa and I knew immediately that there would be objections to this myself included. My children just go into hysterics when they see Santa and we had this problem a couple of years ago in the toddler group with so many parents objecting we decided not to ever go down this way again - never mind they have to be checked before performing the duty!! Then I asked what Santa would be giving out ie presents and was told - just sweets!!

I personally felt my feelings as a previous chairperson were not being considered and this coupled with a few other things said to me made me feel unwelcome in attending in the future!

We dont have a santa at our toddlers as one year the majority of the children were petrified and cried so now santa comes, rings his bells and leaves a sack of pressies at the door for us to hand out as he has to rush off and make more toys! lol. the children all sit together and listen for the bells. while one childminder runs round the back of the building! its lovely