PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats?

Little Pumpkins
05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Hiya

I am having to buy two more child seats as I have two children starting.

So the question is, I have seen these full booster seats advertised from 9 months, but they are on a normal belt can these really be used? As my starters are 18 months old?

Any reviews of them? I could definatley better accomodate these full boosters with backs in.

thanks anna

Twinkles
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Have you seen this http://www.childc****ats.org.uk/

Twinkles
05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Have you seen this http://www.childc****ats.org.uk/

Sorry don't know why thats not working. But it's 'child car seats' but as one word

miss muffit
05-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi I use one that uses the seat belt for that age group :) :) :)

Sarsar3NCH
05-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I have Britax Super Cruisers and they are effectively booster seats with backs that are meant for weight range 9kg+ (no harness child held in with seat belt)but I do not use them for this age anymore as Britax do not make them anymore, they only recommend usins seats with harnesses for children under 15kgs.

Sarah

fionamal
05-03-2008, 01:22 PM
The ones I have have the 5 point harness as well as the car seat belt. The harness can be removed as the child/ren grow and the backs come off for use as a booster.

Im sure they were britax and they came from halfords and cost £69

Polly2
05-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I have the same as fiona but I got mine from Argos

£35 if I remember right

flora
05-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Hiya

I am having to buy two more child seats as I have two children starting.

So the question is, I have seen these full booster seats advertised from 9 months, but they are on a normal belt can these really be used? As my starters are 18 months old?

Any reviews of them? I could definatley better accomodate these full boosters with backs in.

thanks anna

My minded child has a backed booster with no harness and I just can't get her secure enough for my liking :( As you are using inertia seatbelts they can wriggle around far too much.
I got a britax one from toys r us that was reduced. About £60. You can use it with or without the harness so the seat can last for a number of age ranges. It's brilliant. I know it sound expensive but you can get cheaper options of the same design. Once you have bought them though they last for ages if well loooked after.:)
Halfords are always having offers, try looking there.

sarah707
05-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I prefer a 3 point harness for as long as children will use them because of escapes! Nothing more scary than going down the motorway and seeing a child smiling at you through the corner of your eye! :eek:

I like the lighter seats though as I move them between cars quite a lot :D

buildingblocks
05-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry don't know why thats not working. But it's 'child car seats' but as one word

I love it when the internet stops completely innocent words because they contain a naughty word in it. The council where I live in Scunthorpe had problems once as the system it used wouldn't let them recieve emails due to the fact the at the town contains a swear word

sarah707
05-03-2008, 07:22 PM
The council where I live in Scunthorpe had problems once as the system it used wouldn't let them recieve emails due to the fact the at the town contains a swear word

Oh how silly the world is nowadays! :laughing: