PDA

View Full Version : Really Horrible Situation!!!

chewy sweets
04-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Me and my partner are seperating. I'm having to apply for a council/local authority house. Does anyone know if i can still childmind. I know i will have to inform CSSIW but will i have to stop minding for them to inspect the new house???
This is a long way off at the moment as we have a home together that we need to sell and i've only just applied for another house.

If anyone has ever been in this situation the advice would be great! You can pm me if you like!

Many thanks
Katie

balloon
04-12-2009, 11:39 AM
You'll have to get permission from the landlord/council. I don't know of any time this has been refused in social housing but it may be worth checking with your local authority as it could be different on Scotland /Wales

good luck and sorry to hear your news.x

chels55
04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I rent privately and had written permission from landlord to send to CSSIW. I know other childminders who rent from the council and they had no problems.

Bananabrain
04-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Don't want to put a dampner on an awful situation but I have been in a similar situation.
May be different in your area,but I was told to stay put while the house was being sold. Otherwise,they might deem you to have made yourself 'intentionally homeless'
It obviously depends on how much equity you have {mine was sold when the economy was booming} but I would imagine that you will be expected to pay private rent rather than them giving you a council house.
It might be completely different where you are but I know that down south housing is in such short supply,the best you can hope for is a hostel!!!!
My advice would be to speak to shelter,stay put,dig your heels in! and get some advice from a solicitor.
Sorry to be so depressing.

Bananabrain
04-12-2009, 01:17 PM
On a more cheerful note I just wanted to say that even tho' you may feel now that the world has crashed around your ears.
You WILL get over this and be happy again.
Sending hugs.

The Juggler
04-12-2009, 02:37 PM
hope you're OK. don't have any answers I'm afraid. can you not stay in your house until it's sold? I'm sure if you speak to early years team they would speak up on your behalf to housing team - they don't want to be losing childminders now do they!

suzyblue
04-12-2009, 04:50 PM
It happened to me and my best advice is to deal with one thing at a time. Every day, get up and sort something out, make a call, get information or whatever. Dont dwell on the whole thing too much. Little steps will move you forward. I thought I was going to lose everything including two of my kids but three years on Im living in a lovely (small but lovely!) house, Ive got my kids around, and business is booming. I also have a lovely new man in my life and I feel happy for the first time ever :D.
I know its an extremely stressful time, dont try and deal with everything yourself, surround yourself with good friends and get help from the doctor if you need it. Try and stay on top of things like finances and make sure you are getting everything you are entitled too.
Good luck - you can do it!!!:thumbsup:

miffy
04-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Nothing to add but didn't want to read and run

Hope you're OK - make sure you get some legal advice before you agree to anything.

Miffy xx

chewy sweets
04-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all your support ladies. It's just something that i have to deal with. Am finding it had at the moment as the break up isn't my decision. But i can't make him be her with me and our son if he's not happy. I'll keep my chin up and will get through it somehow. I am a strong person and this will just make me stronger! Thanks again for everyone's support!!!!:thumbsup:

miffy
04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
A break up is always hard, even if it's what you want but at this time of year when everyone's supposed to be happy and cheerful it must be even more difficult to deal with.

Take care and remember there will always be someone here for you.

Miffy xx

wendywu
04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Its his loss. Many men do not realise the true value of having a women behind them who is truly loyal. They toss it to one side and often when it dawns on them that what they had was priceless it is to late to reclaim it.

Mark my words and remember them for the future. You WILL come out on top in the end. But in the mean time we are a good sounding post :thumbsup:

charliegee
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Ah hello hun

I don't have anything to add other than lovely and good things already said

You sound very brave and strong

Sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way x

little miss chatterbox
04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
sorry you're having such a hard time and at the worst time of year too.

I have no advice I'm afraid but I wanted to send you huge hugs. Keep strong and remember it's his loss.

Bananabrain
05-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Its his loss. Many men do not realise the true value of having a women behind them who is truly loyal. They toss it to one side and often when it dawns on them that what they had was priceless it is to late to reclaim it.

Mark my words and remember them for the future. You WILL come out on top in the end. But in the mean time we are a good sounding post :thumbsup:

Ain't that the truth. Well said Wendywu.

brightstar
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi Katie, I had a friend locally who minded from a local authority house, so you should have no problems there. Its a long wait for houses though and some of them are in pretty rough areas which might affect your business, it did hers. It might be worth considering a private rent, at least you can choose where you live then. I hope everything goes well for you, PM me if you want a chat or anything.

The Juggler
05-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Katie, I had a friend locally who minded from a local authority house, so you should have no problems there. Its a long wait for houses though and some of them are in pretty rough areas which might affect your business, it did hers. It might be worth considering a private rent, at least you can choose where you live then. I hope everything goes well for you, PM me if you want a chat or anything.

and I think, if you rent privately, you can still claim housing support. worth checking out

charliegee
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
and I think, if you rent privately, you can still claim housing support. worth checking out

Would the entitledto website have info on this?

x