PDA

View Full Version : Had my 3rd inspection today

Mrs.L.C
03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Wasnt expecting one until next March but had a call last week to say they were coming sometime this week and she came this afternoon - same inspector I had almost 3 years ago

she made a point about me having the parental responsibilty forms which alot of childminders are being picked up for not having them. she looked at risk assessments, scrap books (development books) and policys mostly and asked a couple of questions to see if my answer was the same as what I say in the policys. She also asked my Husband who works with me as an assistant about safe guarding children and what to look out for as well as a few other things so assistants be ware hehe

My recommendations were to get more info about a new childs development from parents when they first start and to have more detailed planning as I was just using next steps on obs as my planning so she suggested do a weekly, monthly or termly plans for the areas I want to work on and some activity ideas and initial it for each indivdial child.

She was here just under 2 hours and we got our 'good' again which I am really pleased about.

The 4 children we had were really good aswell which suprised me as most of them had not had their naps so spoilt them with some smarties :)

sarah707
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Well done to both of you!

Thank you for the feedback :D

Alibali
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
That sounds really positive, well done. You can relax now for a while:)

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Well done :thumbsup:

and :clapping: to your hubby too!

miffy
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Congratulations to both of you!

Nice to have it all done and dusted!

Miffy xx

mandylyn
17-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Well done for your inspection, I'm hoping for a good again too!! Mine inspection is in a weeks time and I'm trying to read through the forum as much as possible to make sure I have as much as I possibly can!

What is a parental responsibilty forms???

Thank-you for you help in advance
Mandy

mama2three
17-03-2010, 09:42 AM
congratulations , great result !

Rubybubbles
17-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Brilliant well done:thumbsup:

I thought that they come out every 3 yrs though?

I was picked up on Parental Responsibility on my inspection in 2008! There is a great form in downloads:thumbsup: Not sure if greenies only though:o