PDA

View Full Version : Not sure on money when notice given

staciew1985
05-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Hello just a quick question one of my mindee's mums has given me notice coz they have moved house and cant really afford the care so they are going to do it between the family now. so can't be helped but anyway she gave me her notice when i had last payment which is taken in advance so it works out when she give me payment each month it is due on last day she paid out of last months pay if that makes sense so the money she gave me that day pays for the place from the following week so im always in advance so in theory she wont owe me anything coz it is in advance but i thought the whole point of 4 wks notice was so you dont go without money at shorrt notice etc: so what im asking is coz my payments are done in advance am i entitled to the next payment on that date or does she not pay anything to me before she leaves

ajs
05-03-2008, 12:15 PM
i think she has already paid for the month so no won't give you any money but it's a good question really

the benefit of advance payment is that when she gives notice she can't decide not to sent them and not pay as you've already been paid whether she sends the kids or not

Blaze
05-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Agree with mandy!:clapping:
Tasha:)

staciew1985
05-03-2008, 12:24 PM
oh ok was worth a try hahah thanku

LittleMissSparkles
05-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree with Mandy and Tasha sorry

I have just lost a LO and I ended up owing them £13 as they paid me a month in advance but had changed their hours aong the way so last months fees were lower than the deposit she initially paid iyswim xxx

taiwallis
05-03-2008, 03:21 PM
she doesnt owe you any more - she has given you notice and is paying for her notice period - this is the time you should be looking for clients to start as soon as her last day is up - then effectively you shouldn't lose on any money at all. hope this helps x