PDA

View Full Version : nativity play

greanan
03-12-2009, 04:56 PM
just wondering if any other minders attend their mindees nativity plays at their nursery? I only have one mindee on the morning of another mindees nativity play and i will be having her in the afternoon anyway so thought i would go and see it as i would be picking her up from it anyway. Does anyone else go to them?

littletreasures
03-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I try and go to all their plays/concerts.

I have 7 kids on my books at the moment. 6 in school. Luckily I have 2 in the Junior play, 3 in the infant nativity and then one in the Nursery one.

Wed morning early when I only have one little mindee is the Nursery one. His parents can't get time off so I will go as substitute.

Thursday morning is the Junior play and Thursday afternoon is the Infant one. I only have J on a Thursday afternoon and his sister is in the play so he will enjoy watching her.

Alibali
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
No I don't, I think it's a parents place to go. Places are always limited at our nursery so wouldn't like to take a ticket and for a parent to miss out.

miffy
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I try and go - just ask for a spare ticket, wouldn't take one if it was needed by a parent.

Mindees always ask if I'll be there and I love to go!

Miffy xx

ChocolateChip
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
One of my KS1 schoolies asked me to go and watch hers, as her mum is going to the later performance (and I have another mindee in the same class) I will probably go as the lo's love to go in to school and see the big children.
I agree the parents should go, and I wouldn't ever take a place if there wasn't room for me to go but if the parents can't be there I think it's nice to have someone there to cheer them on.

littletreasures
04-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I have a very supportive teacher at the school and I ask her for an extra ticket if there are any left. I think it is important for the children to have someone there to watch so if the parents can't be I try and make sure I can. It is very difficult for my parents to get time off as they are teachers themselves.

The school puts on 2 shows per key stage and dish out 2 tickets per family first and then the rest of the tickets go on "general release". The teacher always gets me one before the general release.

The Juggler
04-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I try to go if their parents can't. I've been to a few but its difficult to go on my own with three little ones. We have to leave if the babies cry too loudly:(

nikjam
04-12-2009, 10:47 AM
I go, normally don to the fact that my son is in the same play, but this year he's moved into the Juniors so isn't in it but I'm still going to see my mindee....he'd certainly have something to say about if I didn't!! I love the nativity at our school the kids are hilarious!! Go and enjoy it!:jump for joy:

PixiePetal
04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I go if I can and especially if the parents can't.

At my kids old primary school, there was a 2 ticket per family restriction for each performance. As my kids were there I went anyway and made sure I made eye contact with mindees if parents were not there.

little chickee
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I must be really miserable because i would not make a special effort to go to a mindees nativity / school play unless i was going to see my own kids. Thats totally a parents job.

Bah Humbug!

FizzysFriends
06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I wouldnt go unless invited by the parents, I would feel like im intruding otherwise.

wendywu
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I am taking my two little ones to see my year 1 mindees doing their play on this Wednesday. It is a special one where we can bring younger children. :)

nannymcflea
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
If it fits in with kids,parents and everything else, yes.:)

pinklady
07-12-2009, 11:02 AM
ds is a junior now and they only do nativity in the infants. They do a christmas performance which I have got evening tickets for...much easier! I will be taking one of my mindees to ds's Christingle church service and have checked with her parents too.