PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where to get brown paint?

katickles
03-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Was hoping to make some paper mache christmas puddings - only I can not find brown paint anywhere :(

I thought of maybe mixing some but have no idea how much I will need & can't keep it afterwards then if I need more it probably won't be the same shade, maybe this is my only option:blush:

sarah32
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
We painted reindeers this morning and made our own brown paint, we had to make a couple of batches and looked quite good in different shades of brown.

the children wont mind:)

katickles
03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks - I am thinking thats what i'll have to do, just being lazy:o

charleyfarley
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I usually mix my own but i did pick some up in The Works a while ago

Carol xx

The Juggler
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
i mixed my own too. In fact last year I had a brain malfunction and tried and tried to make blue paint using green and yellow (duh!). I tried for ages and ages adding more and more before i remembered it was blue and yellow that made green, so I now have a bottle of a brownish muddy paint. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Just needs a bit of red to make it the right colour for robins and reindeer!

lol

ORKSIE
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I get the mindees to mix the paint, they can then see the colour change.
Although am rubbish at remembering which colours make other colours:laughing: :laughing:

Chell
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Can you not make a batch and store it in an airtight container? You'd not have to worry about it being a different colour then.

Hebs
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
i remember a few years ago trying to work out how to make red :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

we made our reindeers on wednesday :clapping:

OrlandoBelle
04-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I got some brown paint in The Works a little while ago, although ours has closed down now (boo hoo).

If you're making chrismas puddings, would it matter if it's different shades of brown? It'll have a mottled effect then like the raisins, etc and will look quite life like! x

angeldelight
04-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Wonder why brown is so hard to get

Took me ages to find some when I needed some

Got mine from the works

Have fun and hope we get to see the pics

Angel xx