PDA

View Full Version : Charity Shops

crazybones
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I did the rounds today of the local charity shops and have to tell you of all my bargins
Books
Oxford Children's pocket book of facts
Walking with Dinosaurs (Large Hardback book)
Learn with Thomas
Colours with Little Red Riding Hood
When I start School
Usbourne Facts of Life, Growing Up
French Animal words for age 3-5
Little Red Riding Hood
Ladybird Animals
The Muslim World
The Toddlers Bible stories
The Big (A) Out of Doors Storybook (This is for mindee of same name)
Lets Learn Actions
Lets Learn Opposites
PC Polly (Ladybird)
Hug
Reptiles
Excuse Me "Learning about Politeness"
I Dont Care "Learning about respect"
I'll Do it "Taking responsibility"
Fifi and flowertots jigsaw
An ambulance
a police range rover
a fire engine
the last 3 brand new in boxes

And I spent ...........................£11.36

Also got a lovely photo taken of A and the Lollipop lady to tie in with the road safety we are doing. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Might need a new buggy now though after carrying it all.

Annie x

sarah32
05-03-2008, 11:22 AM
sounds great annie, i love bagains.

I got some lovely books from library couple of days ago, on different countries. Bumped up my multicultural stuff:)

fionamal
05-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Good for you! Our local Oxfam shop has some great books and alot of them are new.

sarah32
05-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Our charity shops have been a bit poor lately. Maybe with freecycle not as many people are giving to charity shops.

I did get a pair of stripey trousers for my daughters outfit tomorrow for a £1.00 which is good as I cut them all up at the bottom as shes going as a pirate.

avril
05-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Fantastic no use me going to look now!!!!!:laughing:

Avril x

crazybones
05-03-2008, 11:26 AM
What I found quite sad though was that some of the books have obviously never even been opened. Good for me but just find it sad some kids never get to read them.

Annie x

crazybones
05-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Try Jospice Avril, tell the girl its for childminding and she gave me some for free. :clapping: She said she is trying to clear out because she has lots more stock to put out. Also the one opposite the Birkey pub was opening loads of boxes as I left.

Annie x

avril
05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
THANKYOU I'm going to the shops this afternoon so I may just pop in

Avril x:)

sarah707
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Our charity shops are a bit expensive here... what comes from living in a town that thinks it's posh!

But all I need to go is down the road towards Manchester and there are some real bargains! :D

wendywu
05-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Oxfam have some great new toys and books to do with different countries and ways of life. Our one has them at sale prices.:)

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Thats some great bargains you got

Angel xx

Annie_T
05-03-2008, 05:35 PM
well done hun.. bargain hunter award to you

and so cheap... the mindees weill love them i bet

cherry
05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow, what a lot you got, our charity shops hardly have any bargains like that. Roll on 29th March, car boot season starts. Yehhhh :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I love looking in the charity shops for bargains for the kids for minding x

got some lovely books not long ago for 20p each x

you did do well all that for £11 odd :clapping:

emler
05-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a great success today! Can't believe how much you got for £11 - well done

Emler x

miffy
05-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I love a good rummage in the charity shops and it's amazing what people give away

Does sound like you got some real bargains today

Miffy xx

Clever Clogs
05-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Well done. Sound like you done really well. Might take a look myself in the next couple of days although I never seem to be that lucky.

Tracey

bubbly
05-03-2008, 08:50 PM
My mum manages a charity shop and I've had tons and tons of excellent toys and equipment from there. Some of it has been brand new or hardly ever used. There's certainly bargains to be had!

John
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
charity shop are one of my main Suppliers for toy's, games and dressing up clothing, I do buy new too as just after Christmas i spent just over £500 on toys, Never again as two of the expecive toys are broken. Two charity shops let me have toys and clothing cheap being a childminder.

As long you inspect the item before you buy and can get a realy good bargin.

John.

Annie_T
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow, what a lot you got, our charity shops hardly have any bargains like that. Roll on 29th March, car boot season starts. Yehhhh :clapping:

we have boot fairs all year round where they hold our boot fair. prob coz it car aution, cattle auctions too i guess x

Tily Bud
05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I love charity shops you can get some real bargains , I once got an elc wooden garage for £5 and a huge box of elc happland for £5 :D

deeb66
09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Well done on getting your bargains.

I love charity shops and buy a lot from them :thumbsup:

mjw
09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
The other week I got the whole set of Bob the builder vehicles ranging from 99p to 1.99p The mindees love them1
Mary

Heaven Scent
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Got some good charity shop bargains myself last week but not much in this town was thinking of taking a trip up the road to Alderley Edge to see if anything worth while but am thinking it will prob be quite expensive. Perhaps better go in opp direction to Sandbach.

Celine