PDA

View Full Version : potty training

greanan
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
my 2 year old mindee has just started to be potty trained. Me and parents have both agreed that he is ready for it as he has been saying for the last couple of months when he has done a poo etc. he will sit on the toilet seat at his own house but wont sit on the one in mine. I have tried the potty as well but he refuses to sit on that too. I have tryed everything, ready stories about children on their pottys, putting dolls on toy pottys, stickers. I dont know what else to try. Does anyone have any other ideas? thanks

sarah707
03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
If he's not playing the game, wait... :D

suzyblue
03-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Yes I agree with Sarah, you dont want to put too much pressure on him and make and issue out of it. If he is still using the toilet at home he will soon have the confidence to do it at your house.

greanan
03-12-2009, 01:57 PM
i said to mum today that i thought it might be best to stop and then try again after xmas maybe. she still thinks we should continue with it and said to keep trying with him. I have been trying but i dont want him to get himself worked up about it again, as whenver i go to put him on toilet or potty he gets hysterical.

The Juggler
04-12-2009, 07:46 AM
i said to mum today that i thought it might be best to stop and then try again after xmas maybe. she still thinks we should continue with it and said to keep trying with him. I have been trying but i dont want him to get himself worked up about it again, as whenver i go to put him on toilet or potty he gets hysterical.

I had a little boy like this. We kept him in pull ups in the end at mine until he was using the toilet but it was a good four months between him using toilet/potty at home 3-4 times a day at home and using potty/toilet here - he adamantly refused. We put no pressure on him and as soon as he was in pants as he'd mastered it at home, he started using the toilet here. It was like he knew he wasn't quite ready and wanted to wait until he was sure before using toilet at mine.