PDA

View Full Version : child ill - parent doesn't contact me

mrs.h
02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
hi,

i need your advice... again.
child is ill since monday. mum sent me an email on sunday night explaining that child is staying at home on monday. monday night i get another email saying child is still ill and will be off on tuesday, mum will give me an update tuesday night. i haven't heard anything since then. sent an email late last night (forgot about it til it was to late to call), saying i assume she doesn't need me but if she does, please let me know. called her at home today - no answer, mobile phone goes straight to mailbox (left a message), tried her work - she wasn't there. what shall i do? they live about 25 miles away so i can't really drive past to check if everything is ok. her contract runs out on the 15th anyway, is she maybe just fobbing me off?
very strange in my eyes.

thanks,
mrs.h

sarah707
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Have you got your money owed? It's much harder to get money once parents have left...

You could say you have the child's learning journey folder and work to send home and when is he coming in to get it... see if that reminds them you are there! xx

Pipsqueak
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Perhaps she was at the doctors with the child?
I would send another email and follow this up with a phone call - leave a message asking her to contact you.

Why does her contract run out on the 15th?

mrs.h
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
just got an email, she didn't find it necessary to let me know what was going on because i already assumed and told her in my email that she won't need me. if a reply from her would have got lost (these things happen) and the kids would have been waiting at school for me today i would have been in the wrong. some people can't be pleased i think.

thank you.

mrs.h

TheBTeam
02-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I have one family who said goodbye on friday evening and say see you Monday, first i then hear of them is a text at 9am saying is it okay to be with me by 9.30 today (i say 9am in case we are going out), no mention of where they got to on Mon/Tues!

If it wasn't for the fact that they disappear without trace frequently and are known to be unreliable, and after numerous times of chasing and sometimes no replies even when you specifically ask for one, i would be out of my mind with worry! As it is i just get cross at having to be ready for 7.30 and them not turn up on mon/tues.