PDA

View Full Version : Better day..........

igglepiggle
02-12-2009, 06:47 PM
After a bad week last week, and thanks for all your support, I had a better day today. I had to take a day off yesterday after a child was sent to me on Monday with a tummy bug and the inevitable happened - how frustrating - but was better by this morning. I had my under 1 today and this morning was awful. I remember doing lunch and thinking 'I've made a HUGE mistake' but I got a bit of perspective over nap time and this afternoon was much better. I put loads of scatter cushions down in the play area and put every stimulating toy I could find down and we just played. And played. I still haven't done any focussed activities with this particular mindee but surely today is a step in the right direction........................

TheBTeam
02-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear, lets hope it continues and you have lots more better days.:thumbsup:

sarah707
02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I still haven't done any focussed activities with this particular mindee but surely today is a step in the right direction........................

What on earth would you want to do focussed activities with a 1 year old for?!? :eek:

Your job is to play, so make yourself comfy and get playing.

You need to check you are following the child's interests through observations and talking to parents...

Then play! :D

igglepiggle
02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Thank you! I put things like cornflour gloop down as a focussed activity but I just don't think she's got the confidence yet - ho hum! Have done some observations thought which is good news so I think one of the reasons this afternoon worked so well was because I'd seen how much she enjoyed the wind chimes at a drop in this morning so I got out some wind chimes and chime bars and various other musical instruments this afternoon. She was hooked! Thanks for the tip!

TheBTeam
02-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Thank you! I put things like cornflour gloop down as a focussed activity but I just don't think she's got the confidence yet - ho hum! Have done some observations thought which is good news so I think one of the reasons this afternoon worked so well was because I'd seen how much she enjoyed the wind chimes at a drop in this morning so I got out some wind chimes and chime bars and various other musical instruments this afternoon. She was hooked! Thanks for the tip!

Take a picture, make a note of this and the job is done, link it to eyfs ages and stages and a small next step and you are there!