PDA

View Full Version : I feel 'different'

Minstrel
02-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Since my inspection yesterday I suddenly feel like i know what i'm doing. That this is actually my real job and i'm qualified to talk about it with some knowledge. I'm not saying I'm Sarah (i wish ) and never will be but after the inspector was so complimentary about my work and set up here- i just cant stop smiling!

The wait for the first inspection is, i think, the worst bit of this whole process because up till now i've been feeling around in the dark and guessing lot of things!

And a massive thank you to everyone on here because without you guys i would def have not got my 'good'. :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Well done to you.

The Juggler
02-12-2009, 05:52 PM
it's one of those jobs isn't it where we just don't get enough feedback and thanks to convince ourselves we are good. Glad you had good inspection and well done on your grade - you deseve it!:clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
It's nice when someone tells you that you are doing the right thing isn't it? :D

breezy
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
It's exactly as Sarah said, it's good to be told you know what you're doing, it's a bit like feeling your way in the dark til then:laughing:

Leannetrim
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
well done xxxxx I have mine coming up soon

Bitsy Beans
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa I felt exactly the same. It was finally the validation I wanted that I was doing something right and I felt like a "proper" childminder :laughing:

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm so glad you all get what I meant!

Its like i've finished the probation and I've been 'let loose' and trusted to get on with it for a few years now! :eek:

Is the following inspections as nerve racking? I get the feeling they won't be ?

Ripeberry
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Well done :thumbsup: I've still to have mine but I've only been actually minding for 3 months in total, so it will either be before or after Xmas. Can't decide which is worse :eek:
But once it's over I'll feel so relieved......as long as I don't have any actions :panic:

gigglinggoblin
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
The sense of relief when my first inspection was over was huge, I am so much more relaxed and I am actually having lots more fun! I feel like I am doing it for me and the kids now whereas before it was mostly for Ofsted.

Congrats on a good inspection!

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Well done :thumbsup: I've still to have mine but I've only been actually minding for 3 months in total, so it will either be before or after Xmas. Can't decide which is worse :eek:
But once it's over I'll feel so relieved......as long as I don't have any actions :panic:

I was in same position- I only started minding beginning of Sept but the inspector took all that into consideration. Even the child i had on the day had only been with me for 4 weeks so she unserstood why the learning journey and obs were thin on the ground.

Twinkles
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I hate to tell you but the inspections don't get any less nerve wracking :panic:

I've been doing this job for 15 years now and when I had my inspection a couple of weeks ago I was stressing big time ! :laughing:

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I hate to tell you but the inspections don't get any less nerve wracking :panic:

I've been doing this job for 15 years now and when I had my inspection a couple of weeks ago I was stressing big time ! :laughing:

OH DEAR! :(

Curly Quavers
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Since my inspection yesterday I suddenly feel like i know what i'm doing. That this is actually my real job and i'm qualified to talk about it with some knowledge. I'm not saying I'm Sarah (i wish ) and never will be but after the inspector was so complimentary about my work and set up here- i just cant stop smiling!

The wait for the first inspection is, i think, the worst bit of this whole process because up till now i've been feeling around in the dark and guessing lot of things!

And a massive thank you to everyone on here because without you guys i would def have not got my 'good'. :thumbsup:

This is exactly how I feel at the moment and can't wait for mine to be over and done with!

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
This is exactly how I feel at the moment and can't wait for mine to be over and done with!

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll be fine ! Mine wasn't nearly as scary as i thought it would be and my insoector was lovely. She used to be a CM herself and we shared many tales between us!

Zoomie
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
So I can't pull the wool over my inspectors eyes next week then.

Wonder how many Ofsted inspectors are ex childminders ?

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
So I can't pull the wool over my inspectors eyes next week then.

Wonder how many Ofsted inspectors are ex childminders ?

Ha ha no i guess you can't- but on the positive I felt she actually knew where i was coming from rather than a big wig who had no idea how hard the grafting was iyswim?

miffy
03-12-2009, 07:41 PM

I agree, it's not something I've ever felt relaxed about!

Miffy xx

ChocolateChip
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh, don't start worrying about the next one yet, enjoy basking in your glory for a while- well done!

Mummits
03-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Minstrel - well done! I didn't even know you had had the call. Congratulations on the well-deserved result. Well and truly licensed to commit childminding now!

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Minstrel - well done! I didn't even know you had had the call. Congratulations on the well-deserved result. Well and truly licensed to commit childminding now!

Thank you!

Luckily I was given a fair bit of notice , she called last Monday and said she would be here Tues 1st.

This is probably, I mean DEFINITELY, the biggest month of my life! And its just kicked off with a great start! :clapping:

Mummits
03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Yes absolutely fab to have it under your belt before the wedding. What else can you fit in to make it a triple celebration?

Minstrel
03-12-2009, 08:52 PM
OH's birthday is on Sunday and DS1's birthday is on Tuesday :D

charliegee
04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
aw congrats hun!

I've just had my inspection and reading your post - I understood exactly what you meant - I too have felt much more confident in myself and feel a big phewwwww!! I'm doing it right sort of thing (HTMS!)

X