PDA

View Full Version : notic eof ternimation ouit of the blue

tammerisk
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
i had a termintaion letter arrive today in the post it is so unexpected and i made me very angry in the end.

i sent the children i had home last tue 24th nov cause i came over all faint and ill and sweating really bad couldn't even walk.
fair enough you say
well this one little one didn't come back this tue when i quiried they said he was ill has been since last tue(he only come once a week on tue)
then i get this letter this morn saying the ternimating contract and will not be sending for the notice period and WILL NOT BE PAYING FOR IT EITHER.
also stating there son i really ill and doc says not to leave house untill he better and that if ui was ill be fore he was dropped off i should have said and they wouldn't have sent him.
welli wasn't ill when he was dropped off it cam on all of a suddun abuot 3 hours later.

i trye hard to get hold of then but it took me an hour and then andother half hour for them to collect which she really didn't want to do as she wa she was having exam but i said i was really bad and could not look after him properly.

they now saying if i push for the money then they will sue me for loss of earnings for dad having to take timeoff to look after ill child after the day i sent him home and for the mums fee to resit the exam she missed caus ei sent hin home.

well needless to say on pricipal call MM advice and will be demanding my notice fees to be paid in the next 14 days

you don't push me around and blame me for your child being ill just cause i a small lonley buisness women who you think can't defend herself.if i was a nursery you wouln't even try it let alone give notice

flora
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I hope you are feeling much better and have fully recovered.

Not sure where you stand on this one, but I sure someone will be along who does.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh dear - I'm sure MM will give you good advice - I'm sure if you offer to pay back the part of the day that you didn't have him when you were ill then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

They are duty bound to fulfil the terms of their contract with you just as you are with them. I bet MM will tell you that you are entitled to payment.

tammerisk
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
i recovered about 5 hours later.
the advice line says i am well within my rights to insist on payment of notice fees.
andi f they did sue the cances are it would be thrown out of court it is rediculas to expect me to pay if the child is ill.they said it would ahve happened that way if i had not been ill and it was the child i had to send home ill.
sickness policy and all that.
i did try hard to get hold of dad as i know mum was in exam and i couldn't if i could have kept working i wouldhave but i had to get my hubby to collect my own boy from nursery and a friend to ge tmy older chidlren.
plus i had others here and they were fine and all my family and friend who had contact with me that day weren't ill only this child

tammerisk
02-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh dear - I'm sure MM will give you good advice - I'm sure if you offer to pay back the part of the day that you didn't have him when you were ill then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

They are duty bound to fulfil the terms of their contract with you just as you are with them. I bet MM will tell you that you are entitled to payment.

i didn't charge them for any of the day i was ill even though ihad the child for 4 hours i got payed nothing for that day

Blackhorse
02-12-2009, 03:59 PM
that is aweful....the way these parents treat you

speak to MM and stand your ground. You have policies in place and you have not charged them for the day....

I would in fact also invoice for the couple of hours that you watched their child that day...especially now seeing that they treat you this way.

My thoughts are that they will not sue you for loss of earnings but that they tell you this so you wont sue them for notice money. to me this is intimitation tactics they are trying with you....but dont let them

they have signed a contract and it states notice fee is payable. There is no way they can proofe it was you that made their LO sick...and even if the child caught something from you....that is no reason not to pay or even to terminate...you sent the child home as soon as you knew something was wrong with you....there are a lot of illnesses where you are at your most contagious before you even feel sick and that is certainly nobody's fault

do net let them get away with this appauling (sp?) behaviour

tammerisk
02-12-2009, 04:05 PM
i will be sending them a 'scary' letter just like they sent to me.
i have had people do this to me before and i let them get away with it as i was new to it all and unsure and i wish now i didn't.

i think terminating the contract was a bit harsh as i know they need me for that day so she can go to college.
i know i did nothing wrong and stuck to my own policy on sickness

and i don't fight battles i know i can't win and i will fight hard for the ones that i feel are justifyed

Straws
02-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Good for you, don,t let them get away with it tell them you have taken legal advice and are insured for over £50,000 legal fees and will see them in court usually does the trick

Straws xx

Pudding Girl
02-12-2009, 04:54 PM
They are trying to intimidate you, unlucky for them you know your contractual obligations and also have the backing of MM!!

How can they sue for loss of earnings when it wasn't a day you have the child anyway?!! (if I read that right about dad taking next day off and you have child only on Tues?)

Stand your ground love :)

Alibali
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
They're trying it on! Stand strong and get what's due to you. Sorry you're having to go through this.

miffy
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
I think they're trying it on too!

Ask for your money in writing and make sure they are in no doubt that you will pursue it.

Good luck.

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
They are trying it on. Blaming you for making their son ill, he could have got it from anywhere. Just wait until their child starts school....:rolleyes: Then they won't be able to bully anyone around.
Send them a scary letter...see you in court :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh dear that is a shame

For future reference do you not have a relief childminder who can cover you for this type of emergency?

charliegee
03-12-2009, 12:04 AM
that is aweful....the way these parents treat you

speak to MM and stand your ground. You have policies in place and you have not charged them for the day....

I would in fact also invoice for the couple of hours that you watched their child that day...especially now seeing that they treat you this way.

My thoughts are that they will not sue you for loss of earnings but that they tell you this so you wont sue them for notice money. to me this is intimitation tactics they are trying with you....but dont let them

they have signed a contract and it states notice fee is payable. There is no way they can proofe it was you that made their LO sick...and even if the child caught something from you....that is no reason not to pay or even to terminate...you sent the child home as soon as you knew something was wrong with you....there are a lot of illnesses where you are at your most contagious before you even feel sick and that is certainly nobody's fault

do net let them get away with this appauling (sp?) behaviour

quite right too!!!

Gosh some people, that is not correct of them at all

You and them both signed a contract and they should abide by it

Do you have a deposit from them?
x

Cazz
03-12-2009, 12:29 AM
They are trying to intimidate you, unlucky for them you know your contractual obligations and also have the backing of MM!!

How can they sue for loss of earnings when it wasn't a day you have the child anyway?!! (if I read that right about dad taking next day off and you have child only on Tues?)

Stand your ground love :)

Exactly what I was going to say! If you don't mind him on a Wednesday how can it be your fault that dad had to take time off? They have no proof that his illness came from you the day before!!

I expect they will back down when they realise you won't be bullied.

tammerisk
03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
thanks for all your support i have written the letter sent it to my friend who is a trained solicior to type it up and make it look proper (i not good with words they get all jumbled up)and it will be sent tommorrow with a copy of my sickness policy

ORKSIE
03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
I am pleased to hear your feeling better.
I am, horrified to hear how these people are treating you. Hope you get it sorted out very soon XX

LittleMissSparkles
03-12-2009, 09:25 AM
thanks for all your support i have written the letter sent it to my friend who is a trained solicior to type it up and make it look proper (i not good with words they get all jumbled up)and it will be sent tommorrow with a copy of my sickness policy

I hope it is resolved quickly hunnie xxx

Think they have acted really badly xxx