PDA

View Full Version : Gas boiler

shellib
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Ive just moved house and have a separate toilet/bathroom, my toilet is small and has my gas boiler in it, I asked my housing officer if this could removed and placed maybe in cupboard under stairs or just anywere else! She said it could not and would have to stay there :angry:

Has anyone else got there boiler in the toilet or anywere unusual? And would I need a cover for it??

I'm in the process of filling out my housemove form and will be risk assesing everything, so will be explaining about this...

:( :blush:

xx

Straws
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
shouldnt be a problem if children cant reach it, as for risk assessmenst mention you have a carbon monoxide detector.

Straws xxx

shellib
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
The boiler is attached to the wall very reachable of children, I have just phoned Ofsted but the lady couldnt get hold of an inspector so i'm just waiting for a call back, hopefully soon!

xx

PixiePetal
02-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I have a downstairs cloakroom with an oil fired boiler in it. It is at ground level, I have used a stair gate to partition it off. Kids can put hands through the bars but not touch any workings. I put it on my RA when I moved.

No problems so far but only 1 mindee who is in nappies so we will see.

If I need to I will attach a bit of hardboard to the gate to restrict touching the boiler.