PDA

View Full Version : omg

suez
01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
i posted other day bout 1 of my mindees leaving in january, iv tried helping mom finding another minder in the new area i managed to get 1 number, well i askede her today if she had called her, she said she thinks she might put him in the nursery she had a look at my shocking "omg" meaning is because i mind from 7.15am_3pm mon - thurs thats £105 a wk
well this nursery will be taking him in at 7.30 can stay till 6pm if wishes and friday too even though she dont work friday but that all for the sum of £130 all wk can you beleive that mine is 30- hrs, the nursery is think my calculations is 52.5 hrs how on earth can childminders compete with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Sickening isn't it? Our local after school club is open from 3pm until 6pm and charge £8.50 per child, so that is £2.83 per hour and most CMs around here charge a minimum of £10 for after school care.

mum26
01-12-2009, 09:21 PM
It makes it so difficult for us.

Our school have just opened a before/after school club and charge £7.00 from 3.15 pm to 5.45 pm. Parents also have access to another after school club to which children are taken by minibus, together with quite a few childminders. I have just lost 2 afterschool children and I must admit I am not holding out much hope of replacing them :panic: - this is quite a small primary school with 309 pupils.

Can I ask Ripeberry - do you have many enquiries for before/after school care?

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
None! Mainly because the school my children attend only has 40 pupils. The after school club does not open on a Friday but I've only had one enquiry about having a 9yr child, but that was for a school further away :(
I'm holding out for collecting children from pre-schools and young babies.

Cazz
02-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Sickening isn't it? Our local after school club is open from 3pm until 6pm and charge £8.50 per child, so that is £2.83 per hour and most CMs around here charge a minimum of £10 for after school care.

My local after school club charges £5.50 for 3.00 - 6.00pm including a hot snack!!

And ..... from now until Christmas they're offering new people buy one session, get one free! So six hours of childcare for £5.50 :eek:

The fact that they're running this offer must mean they're not very busy but I'm enjoying having the early years children - only have 1 after school child on a Mon & Weds. She used to go the after school club but didn't like it so Mum is paying me £9.60 per day rather than £5.50! :D

Twinkles
02-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I think the only reason I have after school children is because I open later , don't charge like a wounded bull if they are running late and provide a homecooked meal.

We have to do what we can to compete and I will not reduce my fees.

Hebs
02-12-2009, 07:55 AM

we have an after school club, they charge £8 per child from 3 til 6.

I charge £10 per child, and guess what..........

I'M FULL

i have a..
4 yr old (reception) 5 yr old, 7 yr old, 9 yr old and 10 yr old

had to turn down another 4 yr old and 7 yr old last week as i dont have space,

kids HATE the after school club, and all the local minders are full and alot of them have after school kids.

One thing the parents dont like it that the after school club closes over christmas, where i work them :D AND they get a HOT MEAL not just a snack like toast :laughing:

Lady Haha
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I posted a little while ago about the breakfast club opening at the school I pick up from that will be FREE!!! I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will lose my three before schoolers, two of whom get dropped off ten mins before we leave and costs mum nearly 30 quid a week, so I mentioned to thier mum that if she wanted to use the breakfast club then not to worry, I completely understand. She said, 'nooooooooo!!! they have a routine coming to you, I don't want to disrupt that'........:thumbsup:

So, the parents don't always go for the cheaper option!

Pity really, cos I was looking forward to having mornings to myself and my son, but I shouldn't complain!!!!!!