PDA

View Full Version : Is this a record?

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
My 15 month old mindee was on anti-biotics last week due to a throat infection and today was the first day this week that I've had him. His mum has the flu (not swine) and she just managed to stagger in this morning with him.
He was fine this morning, but after his nap at 3pm he had I kid you not......almost 12 dirty nappies!
They were all runny and as soon as I changed him, he would stand there or squat down and it would be .......you know that sound (up the back).
I had to change him quite quickly as it was quite stinky and also he was starting to get a bit sore.
I took him home for mum as she was still not well enough to drive (should not have done it this morning). Dad will be home soon...good luck to him :rolleyes:
Now I've got a twinge in the back of my throat :(

sarah707
01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh bless him! And poor you!

I think that might be a record yes! :clapping:

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I could not believe it, just before going to collect my daughters from school he literally did 3 in a row! And they were quite full, did not want him sitting in it :(
I've put all my air freshners on this evening, just hope he's not bringing another bug with him :eek:

Alibali
01-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Don't think I'd be accepting him tomorrow!

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. But he's not had a temperature (yet) :rolleyes: He fell asleep on my chest this afternoon as he could not sit as he was sore and it was the most comfortable position for him. His dad is going to be nursing him and mum tonight I think :(

miffy
01-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Definitely don't have him tomorrow - although it sounds as those his parents probably won't try and send him anyway.

Hope you don't come down with it!

Miffy xx

ajs
01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
we went to friends for lunch today and her son a had a diarrhoea bug last week but my mindee had the worst case of diarrhoea today that i have ever seen it was so bad it filled her shoes. ( sorry felt you should know that too)

right now i feel very sick andmy stomach is really sore, i really hope i don't have it now.

Pudding Girl
01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
gosh no definitely not have him for next 48hrs at least - is he still going do you know? Poor mite I bet he feels wretched, and poor you having to change 12 of them?! Bet your own hands are as raw as his bottom all that handwashing :eek:

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes, they are a bit raw, but that is mainly because of the cold weather. I do wear gloves when changing nappies anyway. Normally he has cloth nappies but mum could not be bothered with them today...thank goodness!
I've been anti-bac(ing) like mad today, but we'll see... :rolleyes:

ORKSIE
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
There's a lot of nasty bugs flyin around at the min.
Hope your ok. Hope LO is soon well too:)

Cazz
01-12-2009, 10:56 PM
It must be the day for it! :eek:

I put another post on earlier - my 3 year old mindee didn't reach the toilet in time and it was everywhere. No change of clothes so I phoned parents straight away and they collected.

Fortunately I don't have her and her sister again until next Tuesday but fingers crossed I or my dd haven't already caught it :panic:

Pudding Girl
02-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Hows the lo today?

flora
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Defo a record I think.

How lo now???

helenlc
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Thats quite a record!!

My baby mindee is teething and having really loose nappies. But they are awful and yesterday I had to put air fresheners on and when mindees all gone home, I had candles burning - at my 12 yr old son's request!!!:laughing: