PDA

View Full Version : can you buy car seat 5-point harness protectors?

newandlearning
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
hi.. I'm looking for something to stop my 2yo from unclicking himself ALL the time.. now the cheeky monkey is not only quick enough to unclick himself whilst I'm strapping in the others.. but If I'm not quick he begins to unclick the child next to him as well.:rolleyes: ... all be it sorta amazing.. its also rather bothersome...

do you have any ideas on how to stop this?.. its been going on for around 2mths now.. and I'd like it to stop :)

funtoplay
01-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't think you can. I thought about this once but it makes it difficult to get the child out quickly in an emergency.

Julia

FizzysFriends
01-12-2009, 08:02 PM
You need to manage the behaviour rather than put something on the car seat incase of an emergancy.

mamasheshe
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
mittens ??????????????? child straightjacket ??????? no really i don't know my two year old slips her arms out so she's not properly haven't found a solution for that either.

youarewhatyoueat
02-12-2009, 08:29 AM
star chart, praise the other children for being really good, I've been known to drive somewhere and turn around and go home because of this in my own children, they never did it again!!!
Do more car journeys, lots of short ones to give you the opportunity to train them, it must be a problem for mum as well so make sure you both deal with it in the same way.
Try having a very visible treat in the car for all the children who behave, you could have a small box of small sweets or stickers and each child gets 1 for behaving in the car.

Blaze
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
I use these - they stop the prolem - but wouldn't slow me down in an emergency.:thumbsup:

http://www.clipsafe.com.au/carseat.html

newandlearning
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
thanks ladies... great advice.. he's really got no concept of if you are good you will get a treat.. he doesnt seem to care .. I may get the safety clip.